Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2011 - Cable Tray Style Settings in Style Manager

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
neil.fernandes
1677 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2011 - Cable Tray Style Settings in Style Manager

Dear All,

I am confused with Cable tray Styles Settings.

I was trying to find a cable tray style setting in Style Manager but could not find. How do I control the diplay properties of all Cable tray in the drawing.

When I select a cable tray and right click Edit Cable tray style. I can only modify display properties for the cable tray of that size only. The case in my drawing is that I have many sized cable tray and I have to edit the style everytime I insert a new cable tray.

Ths is inconvinient. I was told that the style manaager was one place where all styles could be edited. HVAC and Plumbing follow this concept. Electrical Devices and Panels also. Only Cable tray and conduit do not have the display properties settings in Style Manager.

Am I doing something wrong or is the cable tray style setting in some other location.

Best Regards,

NEIL

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I believe that cable trays act like duct and pipe so in order to change the display for all sizes at once then you need to right click on a cable tray and choose edit object display.  Double click on the display representation for which you want the display to change.  DO NOT choose object override as this will only change the tray you selected.  After double clicking, change the display settings to how you want them.  Hit ok twice and now your cable tray should display how you want it.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3
Jeffrey_H
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Not sure what you are trying to change but on the manage tab look for the prefernces section and select Cable Tray and see if that has the options you want.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost