Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD commands not working in AutoCAD MEP 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kadmonkee8
1027 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD commands not working in AutoCAD MEP 2014

we are in the process of moving to AutoCAD MEP 2014 from vanilla AutoCAD 2014

we are on windows 7 latest sp 64 bit system.

i have 2 installs of Acad Mep .

this is my issue

when i open the first dwg i can use the following commands, Fillet and join.

when i open another dwg in the same session those commands are no longer valid it goes into  AECPOLYGONOPJOIN but does not recognise the line to select and join the 2 lines 

_fillet Unknown command "FILLET".  Press F1 for help.

is there a system variable that controls these commands in this particular version ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pothied
in reply to: kadmonkee8

How are you starting the FILLET or JOIN commands? Are you picking them from the ribbon, a toolbar, typing in the command, etc? If you are picking it from somewhere, try typing the command at the command line (the entire command - not just a shortcut key). Does that work?

Does it make any difference which second drawing you open? Perhaps there is an issue with something in the second drawing forcing something else to load. What happens if you just start a second new drawing and try these commands? Does it work then?

David Pothier

Message 3 of 7
kadmonkee8
in reply to: pothied

Hi ,

I have tried both methods, type the command and also selected from the ribbon.

however the legacy commands still work (.fillet) and (.join) also aecbfillet, aecbjoin. (would prefer to NOT have to use those)

it does not seem to matter which second dwg is opened new dwg or existing dwg, both respond the same way.

my concern is what other commands, we have not tried yet, will not function correctly.

thanks

Message 4 of 7
pothied

Those two commands are replaced with custom commands in AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP to allow the commands to work with objects such as walls and pipes so they are the only two that should be effected. I don't understand why they would work in one drawing and not in another. 

You could try repairing your install or resetting your software to default settings to see if that fixes this. 

The first thing that I would try would be to do a Repair on your install. To do this, open the control panel -> select Uninstall a Program -> select AutoCAD MEP 2014 ->  select Uninstall/Change -> select Repair or Reinstall and select Repair. Then retest this to see if that fixes this problem.

If it doesn't, then try resetting to default. To do this Close AutoCAD, go to the Start menu -> All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD MEP 2014 > Reset Settings to Default. After doing this restart AutoCAD and test to see if your problem is resolved.

Let me know if one of these options fixes the problem.

David Pothier

Message 5 of 7
pothied

Did the Repair or Reset fix your issue?

David Pothier

Message 6 of 7
kadmonkee8

I tried both methods to no avial.

after the reset I created a new profile using the global default profile.

i think it all came down to the original profile that was used in the deployment (missing menu's etc.)

so far all is good with the basic commands again.

thank you for your help.

Message 7 of 7
dermocol

I am having the same problems now! Did you ever get these problems sorted out? For now all MEP commands come up as Unknown command and I am left with all the legacy commands!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost