AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

jcarr
Message 11 of 14 (423 Views)

Re: Auto CAD Problems and Concerns

08-27-2010 09:46 AM in reply to: peter57733

We have just built a Win7 x64 workstation. i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD, I do not remember the video card since it was last weeek when I deployed. But we are using AutoCAD MEP 2010 with SP2. We have problems such as not being able to adjust elevations, select pipe styles and such that are not a problem in 32-bit version. ANd it will not let us start with a specific style to start piping. I am not at all happy with it so far. It runs lightning fast but if it won't do what you need it can be slower than molasses . Either way it is useless to use. More data as I run into it.

Valued Contributor
peter57733
Message 12 of 14 (421 Views)

08-27-2010 10:02 AM in reply to: jcarr

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,

We have heard way too much bad about MEP 2010 and are completely skipping that version, we need the lightening fast but we do need the software to do what we need it to do, check your video card and see what driver you are using we had recently downloaded an approved AutoCAD driver from the NVIDIA site and it started degrading our computers almost instantly I caught it the first day as a result of my co worker stating he had done it 2 weeks previously and had been experiencing severe problems so I promptly re set the driver back after doing a system restore and all is well with that part so watch what driver you install, but post as you find problems. We spoke at length with AutoCAD for some of our issues and the gist of the conversation was we corrected that in the 2010 version (but it has numerous problems as well after doing a bit of research) so I just hope by having this Message out here that someone will touch on a solution allowing us to take full advantage of the software and have it work with minimal problems, we like all the advantages it has but when we constantly have to re set links and circuit info just vanishes our old way is much faster (and it was slow) but going back and re-doing the work you have just finished is even slower!!!

Pete

jcarr
Message 13 of 14 (418 Views)

08-27-2010 10:17 AM in reply to: peter57733

This is our first foray into the x64 world. We are also running C3D but it is a 32-bit software running in a 64-bit environment. Here is the info on what machine we are using for the x64 MEP. We are not using the AUtodesk approved drivers and form what I have read so far and really, really glad.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (2793 MHz)
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
DirectX version: 11.0
Graphics card information
GeForce GT 220
Driver version: 186.34
Stream processors: 48
Graphics clock: 615 MHz
Processor clock: 1335 MHz
Memory clock: 790 MHz (1580 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 128-bit
Total available graphics memory: 4606 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB
Shared system memory: 3582 MB
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

drummer54
Message 14 of 14 (136 Views)

04-12-2013 08:22 AM in reply to: peter57733

I have Auto Cad 2012 Mep. I have lost my home tool bars. Can anyone help me recover them? 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.