Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying differnt materials to different types of walls in a drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
s.lawrence
370 Views, 1 Reply

Applying differnt materials to different types of walls in a drawing

Hi All,

If somebody could help me with this I think you'll save my sanity!

I have a drawing with many walls. I'm trying to do a render, and I want some of the walls to be brick and some coloured ivory. I've searched the internet, I've searched these forums and used the exchange but I cannot find it anywhere. I've got as far as using the style override, and then assigning the material in the materials tab, and this works fine for one type of wall.. I've set up individual wall styles, assigned them to the different walls, but I still only get the one material show through!

All I want is to have different style'd walls to render with a different material. Please help if you can!

Thanks,

Stu

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: s.lawrence

You will probably get a more precise answer in the architectural forum.

Just so you know, i have no problem getting different materials to show up using the method you described below.  It is also the method that I have always used.

You might try first defining some AEC materials in your drawing.  go to the style manager->multi-purpose objects-material definitions tab to create them.  You can also drag and drop them in from the materials styles drawing found at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\Styles\Imperial\Material Definitions(Imperial).dwg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost