Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an existing Mvpart

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ricardom
380 Views, 1 Reply

Adding an existing Mvpart

HI all!

Here's another one. This probably is easy but i really don't know how to do it.

So...I have an old drawing with some old MVparts that I don't have in my Catalogs...I found them useful and I'd like to add them to my existing catalogs.

Is this possible? How?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pothman
in reply to: ricardom

Unfortunately the simiple answer is No. To add something to the catalog, you need the dwg file and the xml file for the part. If you just have a drawing with MVParts in it and don't have the xml files, then you can't add them to the Parts catalog without using the content builder and basically recreating the part. The simplest solution is to create a parts dwg file with the MVParts that you want to use and when you need one of those parts, open the dwg file and copy and paste the part into your new drawing. Once the part is in your drawing, you can just pick the part and copy it to other locations as necessary. This won't be as user friendly as having the part in the catalog but it is an option.

If you do have the xml file and dwg file somewhere you can simply copy the part definitions to your catalog folder and then regenerate the catalog. The default folder for Mechanical parts for 2015 is this:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2015\enu\MEPContent\USI\MvParts\Mechanical

You can copy the files to folders here and then use the CATALOGREGEN command and regenerate the MVParts catalog.

I hope that this helps

Dave Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost