Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add pipe routing preference

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
khobart
902 Views, 6 Replies

Add pipe routing preference

I have a file that I was sucessfully able to take branche lines off the top of a 10" pipe as plumb.  

I had to move the 10" for coordination purposes and in the new (copied) file the branches off the top are not plumb.  When I try to add pipe it won't find standard pipe and asks me for what type of pipe I want to use, but then wont let me use them.

I've tried changing the routing preferences and just about everything I can think of, but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
khobart
in reply to: khobart

Does anyone know how to take a plumb line off of a sloped line?

It keeps adding a slope to the line.

Message 3 of 7
khobart

Also getting these errors, however only on some of the olets.  I went in and checked routing preferences and everything looks normal.

Where is MEP support?  So many quirks, and no answers or comphrehensive training out there

Message 4 of 7
Tom_Eitelbach

You said the file was a copy. Were the objects copied or converted to a standard Acad file, or were they copied to a file that used the aceb templete?

I can see that the routing preference is standard. Is there any other routing preferences available? Is there any other display representations other than standerd? If not you may be using a non-aec drawing to try and route AEC objects.

When I tried to route pipe with a aecb templete I did not have a "standard" routing preference. When I tried with a Acad templete that was all I had.

I do electrical coordination, so other than that I don't know what to try.

Message 5 of 7
khobart

I ended up going back to the original file.  Still same issue.

No one seems to have an answer?

Where are all the plumbing designers?  This issue would relate to all vent, sanitary, or drain lines.  There must be a way to come off the top/or even bottom of the sloped pipes and be plumb??

Message 6 of 7
pothied

In your screen capture it looks like you are trying to route the verticle pipe by changing your slope to 90 degrees. That is not the way to accomplish this. Just start by selecting a start point on your sloped pipe and enter a new elevation for the second point and a verticle pipe will be added from the sloped pipe to the new elevation.

David Pothier

Message 7 of 7
khobart
in reply to: pothied

The verticle pipes are branches off a 10" pitched main.  I have threadolets that need to be placed within 2' of the flanges and will be the take off points for the branch lines.  So the olets are placed, and I am trying to add pipe to them to route out the branches from.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost