Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-a-plotter-wizard

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2826 Views, 5 Replies

Add-a-plotter-wizard

the attached shows the message I get when ever I open MEP as well as when ever I go to options.  The .exe file in the program files folder exists, the shortcut exists in the plotter folder and I ran a repair to try to fix.  this is not critical but it is annoying, anyon got some idea??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We have been ignoring this error for a couple of years and would love to understand what is going on.
Message 3 of 6
niranjan_kamath

Could you check whether if recreating a new pc3 file using add a plotter wizard (available at AutoCAD start-> Print -> Manage Plotter)

Installe the latest printer drivers and Delete any old instance of your plotter settings before performing these steps..

Secondly check if you have used any migrated settings on your system. If yes, use the below steps to reset the application to default and see if the issue persist.

Windows Start -> All Program -> Autodesk ->AutoCAD MEP -> Reset setting to default.

Once the application is set to default, then load your customization one by one and see if the issue persists.

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: niranjan_kamath

So you are telling me I need to either remake all my plotter settings or undo my customization and then re-create all my custom settings one by one?  You have to be kidding?  Is Autodesk going to pay my salary for this time tedious task?  I cannot believe for a minute that the obvious answer most times from Autodesk is to run a reinstall, run a repair, delete customization and in all these cases, basically start over…..this is NOT conducive to a profitable day.  Please tell me this is not what you are suggesting.

I am able to use the add plotter wizard, it is not the issue.  the issue is that the screen shows it twice!  I am not in favor of deleting and then redoing all my customizations...for one, the CUI is still too complicated for me, I like easy and do not have the time for the BS related to it, time needs to be spent making money, not fixing what should not be an issue since we spend to darn much money on this program...we expect more from such expenditures....

Anyway, is there another way other than what Autodes is telling me to do...someone has to know the quick answer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

A client of mine got this problem after migrating a custom settings zip-file on an Acad Architecture 2011. When looking in the designated plotterfolder we found two add a plotter wizard .ink files, one of them with an icon, but "without a filename", it was blank.. Deleting this one solved the problem.. Kind regards Patrik
Message 6 of 6
EDH2008

We have this problem every now and then on different stations. We have these file located on a network and when we have this problem it slows autocad considerably, we have found that if we copy the local file from our c drive and overwrite the network file the problem goes away.

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost