Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add 3d pipe command

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pverduzco
506 Views, 2 Replies

add 3d pipe command

I have a length of 3d pipe running horizontal, I click on the pipe and select the add pipe plus sign. Then I chose the Elevation option to run the next piece of pipe vertical to en exact height. But it is not adding the pipe to the elevation I specify. In fact it puts the compass to that elevation.

See picture..

The pipe is at 10'-7" I want to go vertical to 11' but only the compass moves to that location...

Is anyone aware of a setting that might control this?

We just recently updated our profile and this is what I noticed changed. I was able to do this before the profile change. Not really an improvement..

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pverduzco

Hmm, the only issue I have found where elevations don't quite work is when the fittings to get there are too big for the actual distance. My thoughts on your particular situation would be to use the "lengthen" rather than "add" grips. It will keep the whole assembly as one pipe in the vertical. best of luck.
Message 3 of 3
pverduzco
in reply to: pverduzco

Thanks for the feed back

If I was lengthening the pipe I would use the lengthen grip but in this instance I am trying to go from horizontal to vertical to a set height. So it should add a 90 elbow and rise to the height I specify.. but it just doesn't want to do that.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost