Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD MEP copy fitting blunder

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gzurbuchen
470 Views, 3 Replies

ACAD MEP copy fitting blunder

I recently installed Acad MEP 2012. When I copy a fitting (pipe or duct) and attempt to place it on another duct or pipe, Acad MEP rotates the fitting 90 degrees........nice.........just what I wanted......NOT!!!! This thing is SCREWED up! We can put a man on the moon but we can't have the quality control to make sure the software we are selling as the industry standard works correctly? It's the same story with every release...what is screwed up THIS TIME and how long do we have to wait for the update?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: gzurbuchen

Hi gzurbuchen... I was able to reproduce this problem with rectangular duct, and have logged it.  

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
gzurbuchen

Also when I place a rectangular end cap on a rectangular duct, the end cap is placed incorrectly at 90 degrees of what it should be.

Message 4 of 4
Martin__Schmid

Hmm.. yes, the behavior seems somwhat inconsistent.  if, however, you use the spacebar, it seems that it orients properly.

http://screencast.com/t/W5S9rin7

However, I can see that if you 'pick' and the duct is taller than it is wide, the endcap may be oriented with improper rotation.

I've logged this as a separate issue.

Thanks,

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost