Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abs2005 electrical

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
209 Views, 6 Replies

abs2005 electrical

Hi I need to put a "dummy" load. I've inserted a junction box then I've changed the property from general to 120V power and I've set a load value. Still the panel schedule, circuit information and circuit report shows this circuit shows 0 VA load. can anybody help, please? sp
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Slawomir - What you've said is a bit confusing. You'll need to (probably create a new device style then) edit the device style and change the connector system type from general to Power & Lighting. Then you can assign voltage, load, # of Poles and the circuit should reflect the load that you have specified. You could also add a second device to the circuit, put it on a "special" layer (or just place it "off-screen") and the load will be added to the circuit. jason "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message news:3fe13858$1_6@statler... > Hi > I need to put a "dummy" load. I've inserted a junction box then I've changed > the property from general to 120V power and I've set a load value. Still the > panel schedule, circuit information and circuit report shows this circuit > shows 0 VA load. > can anybody help, please? > sp > > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Well, I have gas duct heater that is neither a motor, nor a receptacle, nor an electric heater. It needs power supply to run igniter and controls, and there is no specific electrical symbol fitting this particular piece of equipment, available. Therefore I decided to put a junction box there with indication: connect DF-1 here. JB as is has no load, but you may change its property from general to 120v power, which is exactly what is needed. Then other fields show up and you may write in or select the circuit number, number of poles, and the load. The only problem is that the load data is not read by circuit manager, nor by circuit report. The load is still there, but the panel shows 0 VA and same shows the circuit report. sp "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:3fe1a936_7@statler... > Hi Slawomir - > > What you've said is a bit confusing. You'll need to (probably create a new > device style then) edit the device style and change the connector system > type from general to Power & Lighting. Then you can assign voltage, load, # > of Poles and the circuit should reflect the load that you have specified. > You could also add a second device to the circuit, put it on a "special" > layer (or just place it "off-screen") and the load will be added to the > circuit. > > jason > > "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message > news:3fe13858$1_6@statler... > > Hi > > I need to put a "dummy" load. I've inserted a junction box then I've > changed > > the property from general to 120V power and I've set a load value. Still > the > > panel schedule, circuit information and circuit report shows this circuit > > shows 0 VA load. > > can anybody help, please? > > sp > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Slawomir - If you are able to specify a load for the device and it is connected to the circuit then circuit manager should read the load. Would it be possible for you to post the drawing (or at least part of it) to cf and I'll take a look at what's going on. jason "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message news:3fe3b067_2@statler... > Well, I have gas duct heater that is neither a motor, nor a receptacle, nor > an electric heater. It needs power supply to run igniter and controls, and > there is no specific electrical symbol fitting this particular piece of > equipment, available. Therefore I decided to put a junction box there with > indication: connect DF-1 here. JB as is has no load, but you may change its > property from general to 120v power, which is exactly what is needed. Then > other fields show up and you may write in or select the circuit number, > number of poles, and the load. The only problem is that the load data is not > read by circuit manager, nor by circuit report. The load is still there, but > the panel shows 0 VA and same shows the circuit report. > sp > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Here you go.
Please check and see circuit report.
Same subject in customer-files
sp

"jason martin [Autodesk]" <jason.martin@autodesk.com> wrote in message
news:3fe3c3f0$1_1@statler...
> Hi Slawomir -
>
> If you are able to specify a load for the device and it is connected to
the
> circuit then circuit manager should read the load. Would it be possible
for
> you to post the drawing (or at least part of it) to cf and I'll take a
look
> at what's going on.
>
> jason
>
> "Slawomir Popiel" <slawomir@ptd.net> wrote in message
> news:3fe3b067_2@statler...
> > Well, I have gas duct heater that is neither a motor, nor a receptacle,
> nor
> > an electric heater. It needs power supply to run igniter and controls,
and
> > there is no specific electrical symbol fitting this particular piece of
> > equipment, available. Therefore I decided to put a junction box there
with
> > indication: connect DF-1 here. JB as is has no load, but you may change
> its
> > property from general to 120v power, which is exactly what is needed.
Then
> > other fields show up and you may write in or select the circuit number,
> > number of poles, and the load. The only problem is that the load data is
> not
> > read by circuit manager, nor by circuit report. The load is still there,
> but
> > the panel shows 0 VA and same shows the circuit report.
> > sp
> >
> >
>
>

Attachment not added (too large): "sample-slawomir.dwg"
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Slawomir - It looks like this is a defect. If you edit the device style and change the device type from junction box to receptacle (or other power) it seems to work correctly. The estimated demand load seems to still work, but the total connected load doesn't. hth jason "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message news:3fe3fe48_2@statler... > Here you go. > Please check and see circuit report. > Same subject in customer-files > sp > > > "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message > news:3fe3c3f0$1_1@statler... > > Hi Slawomir - > > > > If you are able to specify a load for the device and it is connected to > the > > circuit then circuit manager should read the load. Would it be possible > for > > you to post the drawing (or at least part of it) to cf and I'll take a > look > > at what's going on. > > > > jason > > > > "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message > > news:3fe3b067_2@statler... > > > Well, I have gas duct heater that is neither a motor, nor a receptacle, > > nor > > > an electric heater. It needs power supply to run igniter and controls, > and > > > there is no specific electrical symbol fitting this particular piece of > > > equipment, available. Therefore I decided to put a junction box there > with > > > indication: connect DF-1 here. JB as is has no load, but you may change > > its > > > property from general to 120v power, which is exactly what is needed. > Then > > > other fields show up and you may write in or select the circuit number, > > > number of poles, and the load. The only problem is that the load data is > > not > > > read by circuit manager, nor by circuit report. The load is still there, > > but > > > the panel shows 0 VA and same shows the circuit report. > > > sp > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Yes, it is a defect. It has been reported as DID538926. Thanks! /Bosse "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:3fe632a7_7@statler... > Hi Slawomir - > > It looks like this is a defect. If you edit the device style and change the > device type from junction box to receptacle (or other power) it seems to > work correctly. The estimated demand load seems to still work, but the total > connected load doesn't. > > hth > > jason > > "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message > news:3fe3fe48_2@statler... > > Here you go. > > Please check and see circuit report. > > Same subject in customer-files > > sp > > > > > > "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message > > news:3fe3c3f0$1_1@statler... > > > Hi Slawomir - > > > > > > If you are able to specify a load for the device and it is connected to > > the > > > circuit then circuit manager should read the load. Would it be possible > > for > > > you to post the drawing (or at least part of it) to cf and I'll take a > > look > > > at what's going on. > > > > > > jason > > > > > > "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message > > > news:3fe3b067_2@statler... > > > > Well, I have gas duct heater that is neither a motor, nor a > receptacle, > > > nor > > > > an electric heater. It needs power supply to run igniter and controls, > > and > > > > there is no specific electrical symbol fitting this particular piece > of > > > > equipment, available. Therefore I decided to put a junction box there > > with > > > > indication: connect DF-1 here. JB as is has no load, but you may > change > > > its > > > > property from general to 120v power, which is exactly what is needed. > > Then > > > > other fields show up and you may write in or select the circuit > number, > > > > number of poles, and the load. The only problem is that the load data > is > > > not > > > > read by circuit manager, nor by circuit report. The load is still > there, > > > but > > > > the panel shows 0 VA and same shows the circuit report. > > > > sp > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost