Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABS2004 ELECTRICAL

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
181 Views, 4 Replies

ABS2004 ELECTRICAL

Hi
I'm trying to add a conduit, but to no avail. First, I'm getting error1
(pls. see attachments), then erro2 and then error3, no matter what conduit
style I select.
Can anybody from Autodesk help to interptrete this matter and how to cure or
circumvent it?
Thanks in advance
sp

Attachment not added (too many attachments): "ERROR3.jpg"
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Slawomir - This means that the vbscript engine on your machine isn't functioning for some reason. Step 1 Close and re-Open ABS if that doesn't fix it Re-boot the machine if that doesn't fix it Unregister and reregister the msscript control at a command line type regsvr32 /u msscript.ocx regsvr32 msscript.ocx If that doesn't work, post back?? jason "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message news:3fe13715_3@statler... > Hi > I'm trying to add a conduit, but to no avail. First, I'm getting error1 > (pls. see attachments), then erro2 and then error3, no matter what conduit > style I select. > Can anybody from Autodesk help to interptrete this matter and how to cure or > circumvent it? > Thanks in advance > sp > > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Jason restarting computer did the trick. Thanks. sp "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:3fe1a8b8$1_6@statler... > Hi Slawomir - > > This means that the vbscript engine on your machine isn't functioning for > some reason. > > Step 1 > > Close and re-Open ABS > > if that doesn't fix it > Re-boot the machine > > if that doesn't fix it > Unregister and reregister the msscript control > at a command line type > > regsvr32 /u msscript.ocx > regsvr32 msscript.ocx > > If that doesn't work, post back?? > > jason > > "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message > news:3fe13715_3@statler... > > Hi > > I'm trying to add a conduit, but to no avail. First, I'm getting error1 > > (pls. see attachments), then erro2 and then error3, no matter what conduit > > style I select. > > Can anybody from Autodesk help to interptrete this matter and how to cure > or > > circumvent it? > > Thanks in advance > > sp > > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Jason and SP, I have also seen these errors but it was in a duct plan a coworker had created. The error would come up when ever we tried to modify the size of a piece of duct in the drawing. No matter how many times you pressed OK the messages would go away. I have not seen this in any other drawings. What could be causing this? ~Rob "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message news:3fe3b4e2_7@statler... > Hi Jason > restarting computer did the trick. Thanks. > sp > > > "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message > news:3fe1a8b8$1_6@statler... > > Hi Slawomir - > > > > This means that the vbscript engine on your machine isn't functioning for > > some reason. > > > > Step 1 > > > > Close and re-Open ABS > > > > if that doesn't fix it > > Re-boot the machine > > > > if that doesn't fix it > > Unregister and reregister the msscript control > > at a command line type > > > > regsvr32 /u msscript.ocx > > regsvr32 msscript.ocx > > > > If that doesn't work, post back?? > > > > jason > > > > "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message > > news:3fe13715_3@statler... > > > Hi > > > I'm trying to add a conduit, but to no avail. First, I'm getting error1 > > > (pls. see attachments), then erro2 and then error3, no matter what > conduit > > > style I select. > > > Can anybody from Autodesk help to interptrete this matter and how to > cure > > or > > > circumvent it? > > > Thanks in advance > > > sp > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Unfortunately all I can tell you is that strange thing may happen if you take a dwg file from another computer. If the other person did not use ABS, then the file is even more prone for problems. A disaster will fall upon you if the drawing comes from no-Autodesk software (even if used a x-ref). These things are difficult to replicate because the behavior is almost always different, and therefore almost impossible to trace back. To me it happened when I created a power plan using ABS, just wiring to connect receptacles and other power symbols, and then I needed to connect three junction boxes with a conduit. It happen to be impossible. I wasn't very specific, either, when said that restarting the computer helped, since I finished the offending drawing using arc to connect these JB's and sent it over. I've tried after re-booting with brand new drawing. Generally, over period of time, I noticed that more complex your drawing is, more errors will happen. Asking for an advice here is kinda last resort, since you are lucky if you get an answer same day and it will be different from "it is a known bug and we logged it already", meanwhile your product has to hit the road. Sometimes closing ABS and re-opening it will help, sometimes you've got to re-boot the computer, sometimes you just open fresh empty drawing and insert the old one into it. But sometimes you are left with an error message: "inserting failed" and then you are getting bitter wake-up with your hand in the night pot. Then all you can do id to get a stiff drink and go to bed. Tomorrow you will have fresh start. sp "Rob Ward" wrote in message news:3ff05147$1_7@statler... > Jason and SP, > > I have also seen these errors but it was in a duct plan a coworker had > created. The error would come up when ever we tried to modify the size of a > piece of duct in the drawing. No matter how many times you pressed OK the > messages would go away. I have not seen this in any other drawings. What > could be causing this? > > ~Rob > "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message > news:3fe3b4e2_7@statler... > > Hi Jason > > restarting computer did the trick. Thanks. > > sp > > > > > > "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message > > news:3fe1a8b8$1_6@statler... > > > Hi Slawomir - > > > > > > This means that the vbscript engine on your machine isn't functioning > for > > > some reason. > > > > > > Step 1 > > > > > > Close and re-Open ABS > > > > > > if that doesn't fix it > > > Re-boot the machine > > > > > > if that doesn't fix it > > > Unregister and reregister the msscript control > > > at a command line type > > > > > > regsvr32 /u msscript.ocx > > > regsvr32 msscript.ocx > > > > > > If that doesn't work, post back?? > > > > > > jason > > > > > > "Slawomir Popiel" wrote in message > > > news:3fe13715_3@statler... > > > > Hi > > > > I'm trying to add a conduit, but to no avail. First, I'm getting > error1 > > > > (pls. see attachments), then erro2 and then error3, no matter what > > conduit > > > > style I select. > > > > Can anybody from Autodesk help to interptrete this matter and how to > > cure > > > or > > > > circumvent it? > > > > Thanks in advance > > > > sp > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost