Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABS 2007 FATAL ERROR

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
thart
399 Views, 20 Replies

ABS 2007 FATAL ERROR

I have a user that continuilly recieves a fatal error every time he plots. We have the problem only on his machine, and reinstalling ABS 2007 has not helped the issue. ABS 2006 plotted fine on his machine.Any help would be appreciated. Below is the exact error message:FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x16732e00 Exception at 1000e3bbh
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: thart

Does the user get the same error when plotting to DWF using the same settings? If so, that's something you should report to us through Subscription Support. If the DWF works properly, then this is most likely a driver issue, not a program issue.

HTH,
Kyle B
Autodesk Product Support

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 21
thart

Thanks for the reply Kyle, I'll give the DWF plot a try.
Message 4 of 21
leickel67

I'm having this same problem whenever I or anyone else in our office plots to any plotter in the office. We have 4 different plotters to plot to and when plotting to anyone of them we get fatal errors. If we keep trying after about the third or fourth try the plot actually goes through. What is the problem with this?
Message 5 of 21
KyleB_Autodesk

What happens when you plot using the DWF drive included with ABS?

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 21
leickel67

I don't know. I don't want to print to a DWF though. I want to be able to print the way that the print command is supposed to work and has worked for a while since I installed ABS 2007. This problem just started about a week or 2 ago and nothing has changed. I want to plot using the drivers that I'm using and not have problems since I didn't have problems before.
Message 7 of 21
KyleB_Autodesk

The DWF test is intended to isolate if the problem has to do with the plotter drivers you're using. I realize it's probably not what you want to use for output.

At this point we have to narrow down the cause of the problem. The program doesn't just spontaneously start triggering Fatal Errors when plotting, usually there is an outside factor that needs to be isolated. Something obviously has changed between before, where it was working, and now, where it does not.

Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 21
leickel67

It doesn't seem to happen when I plot to DWF, but it doesn't always happen on every plot. It will do it whenever it feels like it.
Message 9 of 21
KyleB_Autodesk

Unpredictable issues like that are incredibly hard to diagnose. The best thing I can recommend is to reinstall your plotter drivers with the most recent versions from their manufacturers. You could also try and isolate if the problem has to do with a specific ABS user profile.

Beyond that a repair install or complete reinstall could also potentially fix the issue. Before I could recommend a specific fix, you'd need to establish trends in when the crashes do occur.

Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 21
leickel67

That's the problem there isn't really any kind of trend except that it always seems to happen when we need a job to go out. Maybe it's those little ACAD gremlins. I'm not sure I'll have to get back to this issue when I have a little time to work on it. I will update you on the problem when I can. Thanks for your help and letting me vent a little on you.
Message 11 of 21
KyleB_Autodesk

That's one of "Murphy's Law's of AutoCAD." I would be interested what you're able to find out.

As for the "venting", don't worry about it. A byproduct of being in Product Support is growing thick skin, it would be tough to come to work everyday and handle Support issues otherwise.

Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 21
leickel67

One thing that I would like to know though is what happens to those reports that I send when I get these fatal errors?
Message 13 of 21
KyleB_Autodesk

We've got a room full of mice running on wheels powering a punch card computer that handles those. It's able to handle up to 1 report every 3 minutes! 😛

But seriously, I can look them up for you if you'd like. They get sent into our servers and associated with the crash that generated them. We get notified if a particular "bucket" is filling up and take action accordingly. If you want to get me the e-mail address associated with the crash report I can look it up for you.

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 21
leickel67

The address should be leickel at lve dot cc.
Message 15 of 21
leickel67

I tried updating our performance driver because it has been telling me that I need to, but that didn't help. I was looking at all of our drivers and everything like that and nothing has changed between the time where there wasn't any fatal errors and now where there are a ton of fatal errors. Have you found anything out from the reports that I have been sending?
Message 16 of 21
abmeador

Are you running Windows 2000 (instead of the recommended Windows XP)?

We have some computers here that are trying to run ABS 2007 off of a Windows 2000 format. We get strange fatal errors off and on. Some are involved with exiting ABS, some are involved with going into the layer manager. Other times it seems arbitrary.

Just thought I'd check to see if that was the issue.
Message 17 of 21
leickel67

No, we are using Windows XP.
Message 18 of 21
leickel67

Have you guys figured anything out with this problem? I have sent a load of reports after every Fatal Error, but I have yet to get a reply to them. I need to know a clear cut answer so that I can use the project navigator. I have a whole job set up in project navigator and it takes me about an hour longer to print it because I have to open every drawing and plot it rather than just publishing it from the sheets tab.
Message 19 of 21
KyleB_Autodesk

You certainly have been submitting lots of error reports on this issue, 160 by our server's count. The error you've been submitting is associated with a known issue. From reading over the notes on the problem in our system it looks to be associated with plotting to HDI drivers in certain circumstances. Looks like that issue was resolved in the ABS 2007 Service Pack 1, have you installed it?

Kyle B
Autodesk Support

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 21
leickel67

I'm installing it as I write this.

You say "in certain circumstances". What about the other circumstances? Message was edited by: leickel67

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost