Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D 1-Line Pipe Isoemetric

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alexanderjsol
318 Views, 3 Replies

3D 1-Line Pipe Isoemetric

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone has an answer for this. Unfortunately I could lose my job because of a project that I have stuck on Building department…The reviewer wants a 3D 1-line display of my plumbing risers. 

I have attached some files for reference

I have the 1-Line, but it doesn't "hide the pipes behind" 

I’m testing with sections (in order to get a 3D 1-line display of the model) and it is working fine (hiding the pipes behind with gap and all).

However, It seems like I can’t assign styles to sections (so that I can get cold water and hot water linetypes differentiated)

Is there a way to either:

"Hide pipes behind on 1 line display?

or

Assign styles to sections?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: alexanderjsol

AutoCAD MEP will only apply gaps to a view that is in Plan View.  It cannot automatically apply a gap to a 3D view of any type.  This is a limitation of the software.  If you absolutely have to have gaps in an isometric view then you will need to look at schematics.  They will apply gaps but it will not be live with our model.  You will have to redraw any time you make a change.

If you create a section you can manually modify that section and apply the gaps yourself.  The option should present itself on the ribbon once you select the section.

Message 3 of 4
alexanderjsol
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Keith. Thanks a lot for your reply.

However, when I do a 3D section, it seems that I can't apply "Styles" (so I cant have cold water, hot water, vent, etc... showing the proper linetype...single dash, double dash, etc)...

Any idea of how to do this?

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: alexanderjsol

You can create a "LIVE 3D Section" as detailed here.

Or you can do what I like to do which is create a new view drawing and xref in your constructs that you want in your 3D section.  Draw a polyline around what you want in the section and then do a XRef Clip on your drawing so that you clip everthing out except what is inside the polyline.   You now basically have a 3d section that will update whenever you update your model.  You are now free to assign display representations to the view which will show up on a sheet.

Hopefully this helps you out.

p.s.  The display representation system is probably the most difficult thing to understand about AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP but once you figure it out the program becomes very powerful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost