Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d wireframe what have I done?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CHRISEDINGER7744
2994 Views, 2 Replies

2d wireframe what have I done?

I have a model I made for a multi story building that includes conduits, 3d solid objects representing panels and lights. Generally I XREF a DWG file that the contractor provides for us to use as a floor plan, usually an rcp, and I build on top of that. The project has many drawing changes and now several rooms have ceiling layout changes and wall changes. The contractor has never updated the dwg files I was using to build from so I got the idea that I can use a PDF as an XREF. When I attach the PDF it displays a shaded box where the PDF should be that says a PDF can only be used as a underlay in 2d wireframe. I searched on the web and stumbled upon what I thought was the solution. I changed the whole model so that my 3d solid objects, the piping and all appear as wireframe. I was able to use the PDF and changed my layout. Now I want to change it back, but I can't remember or figure how I changed the entire model. Everything I can find references viewports or when in model space visualstyles. These options do change my model to how it used to appear and I'm afraid when we pull it into Navisworks it will appear only as a flat drawing. Any suggestions?wireframe mix up.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pothman
in reply to: CHRISEDINGER7744

It sounds like you changed your visual style to 2D Wireframe which was the right thing to do. There are several ways to change it back and the easiest way is to go to the View tab, Visual Styles panel and select the desire visual style (such as Conceptual) from the drop down. That just changes how the objects display in AutoCAD and should not have any effect on the model when brought into Navis. 

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 3
CHRISEDINGER7744
in reply to: Pothman

Thanks for the reply, I also have most of my drawings shaded and I think that was why I perceived it being so much different than it really was. I was using the visualstyles command and I found the icon today, I feel really foolish with it staring me in the face this whole time. -Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost