Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Pipe Routing Preference

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Kellser
989 Views, 4 Replies

2015 Pipe Routing Preference

Hi,

I have just installed 2015 migrated over some of my pipe routing setups from 2013 but they while the Routing transferred it's settings didn't.

So I went about resetting them but when I went into "Butt Welded and Socket Welded" I find that i can only set Generic fittings.

For Instance in 2015 I can only get Generic Butt Weld elbows

In 2013 I had I could specify LR Elbows

My Socket parts in 2015 are Generic specific

In 2013 I can specify a Class 3000 Tee or Elbow

Also if you can see attached jpg socket weld upper pipe size is 1 15/16" inches which is weird as it should be 2" as in 2013 version. There is no 2" pipe size in 2015 or for that matter whole pipe sizes eg 2" 3" 4" etc its 2 15/16" etc

Attached has the 2013 Pipe Routing on the left and the 2015 Routing on the right.

I'm not sure how to fix this as When I went to add in more pipe/fittings he just gives me unsized fittings in 2D.

Any Help is appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pothied
in reply to: Kellser

Most likely the issue here is that you are not starting AutoCAD MEP with an Imperial Profile. 

Don't just start AutoCAD by double clicking on a dwg file since that may result in AutoCAD starting with the wrong profile. Start AutoCAD MEP by using the appropriate desktop shortcut that is created during the installation. This shortcut sets up the environment and loads the appropriate workspace for the application. You should have a desktop shortcut that is named "AutoCAD MEP 2015 - English (US Imperial)". You should start the software using this shortcut. If you don't have this shortcut, you can create one using the target below:

Here is the proper target for AutoCAD MEP 2014 for the Imperial profile:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD MEP (US Imperial)" /product "MEP" /language "en-US"

David Pothier

Message 3 of 5
pothied
in reply to: pothied

Sorry the correct profile is:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD MEP (US Imperial)" /product "MEP" /language "en-US"

David Pothier

Message 4 of 5
Kellser
in reply to: pothied

Thanks David,

When I installed the program it only gave me a Shortcut for "AutoCAD 2015 -English " ???

Which was using the AutoCAD MEP (GlobaL) Profile and the Acad.cuix customization file

So what i have done is changed the Profile to AutoCAD MEP (US Imperial)

And Mapped my main customization File to MEP.cuix

with the Options command.

Message 5 of 5
VitalyF
in reply to: Kellser

Hi,

You can restore the icons if

сopy and paste this  string "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" in Explorer

and select  "Autocad MEP 2015 - English" > "Add or Remove Features" and specify the required.

Vitaly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost