Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 MEP Content Browser Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
paulrdeyo86
750 Views, 3 Replies

2014 MEP Content Browser Issue

When attempting to add parts from the Content browser such as plumbing fixtures (toilets, sinks, showers, etc.) I am prompted with an error, image 1. I am still able to add Architectural objects such as wall types and casework. I can still use MEP 2013 without an issue. I thought perhaps it was an issue with where my AEC Content was located in my Options menu so I checked both my 2013 and 2014 options (images 2 & 3). Even after ensuring that all the options matched up, with 2014 looking at 2014 files of course, I am still receiving the error message when attempting to add non-architectural items from the Content Browser. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: paulrdeyo86

It appears to me that the drawing file may be missing since other tool like casework works fine for you. Are you able to add it from Design Center?

Try to add the tool from the content browser to the tool palette. Right-click on the tool and choose properties. Check if the drawing file exist in the location as specified in the properties against the content file.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 4
paulrdeyo86
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling MEP 2014 with the hopes that it would install all of the content browser parts in a working location, but that did not work. Now I am only able to use the Walls and Doors & Windows from Content Browser. Everything else is throwing the "Object not in the correct location" error as I posted originally. 

Message 4 of 4
paulrdeyo86
in reply to: paulrdeyo86

The issue was not with MEP but the folders that were installed during the initial installation. When pulling objects from the Content Browser MEP was looking for the "Design" folder in my AEC Content folder but, for some reason this folder was names "Design - Imperial". By changing the name to just "Design" MEP was able to locate all Content Browser objects. FIXED!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost