Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 MEP BILL OF MATERIAL

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mjmpe
2767 Views, 6 Replies

2013 MEP BILL OF MATERIAL

IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE A BILL OF MATERIAL IN MEP 2013? OR CAN I GET FITTINGS ONLY?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

A Bill of Materials is just a schedule of data.  You can schedule just about anything in Autocad MEP as long as you attach the data that you want to read to the object.

Here is a link to a playlist I created that has 4 videos created by Autodesk that show how to schedule anything in Autocad MEP.

Schedules and Property Sets

Message 3 of 7
snyper1982
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Is there any way to update parametric fittings and pipe that have already been placed in a drawing? Because I am trying to update the fittings and pipe to appear correctly in the schedule I have created, but when i update the fitting name, or anything of that sort, it doesn't update the fittings or pipe in a current drawing, but if I create a new one, it updates the info just fine. I have tried a catalog regen, to no avail.

Message 4 of 7
VitalyF
in reply to: snyper1982

Hi,

Update pipes and fittings from a catalog, you can use this command >>

_AecbRedefineFromCatalog

Rdefine.gif

Vitaly

Message 5 of 7
snyper1982
in reply to: VitalyF

Doesn't seem to work. It isn't changing the PartSizeName anyway.

Message 6 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

Place a new one into an empty drawing and then copy the existing drawing into the new drawing. It should use the new style instead of the old style.
Message 7 of 7
snyper1982
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost