Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for HVAC from 2D architectural floors

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TaytaRuiz
296 Views, 3 Replies

Workflow for HVAC from 2D architectural floors

Hi Community,

I was wondering if someone has tips or tutorials for using AMEP from Architectural 2D floors

My office has mostly used ACAD Vanilla for MEP design but recently we are designing buildings of more than 10 floors and we want to investigate if we can accelerate the design and coordination of specialties with the tool.

At the moment, we put the architectural floors in a single model aligned to its elevation and try to recreate shafts with the Architectural tools. And then we start designing ducts and trays.

My questions are:
Can I obviate the 3D modeling of shafts, and floor and roof slabs?
How do I generate layouts for each floor? So far my results show the ducts from other floors, besides the required.

Thanks and Regards
Eloy Ruiz
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

A quick answer.

You need to use Project Manager.

So you can create pipe or duct for each level in construct drawing. Do the same thing with Archi and create a view drawing with what you want to see.

See the screen of project with 17 floor. 

Like that, you don't need to create wall and floor. Just add level archi and duct in one view 🙂

Structure Construction.pngStructure View.pngStructure Sheets.png

Christophe Legrand
Message 3 of 4

Hi Cristophe,

Thanks for your answer, it clarifies a lot what we should be doing.

We were following our usual workflow from Autocad Plant 3D but it seems that we require something different for Autocad MEP.

Do you design in 3D all you MEP specialties? That seems really helpful for integration.

Regards.

Eloy Ruiz

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I used to make 3D drawings for Duct because i can't provide list of pieces to order directly.

For heating, it is according the difficulty of project. Often i use 2D pipe because it's quicker.

But i prefer 3D because it's more "fun" and realistic.

I used schematic for plumb.

You need to learn how to use project manager if you have several level. It's important to avoid some mistakes.

I think you can use it for 3 or 4 floors building. For less, you just loose time.

Christophe Legrand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost