Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Blocks that Automatically Hide Lines without Creating Multiview Part

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dwallin
684 Views, 2 Replies

Create Blocks that Automatically Hide Lines without Creating Multiview Part

Is it possible to create blocks that will automatically show hidden lines the way multiview parts do? Creating multiview parts is a lot of work but so is breaking apart my blocks and changing linetypes and colors to show parts that are hidden...and then fixing it every time something moves an inch. I see where it would be a problem for individual objects, but when you have something bound as a block, why couldn't it just compare the z values?

I'll be sitting here hoping beyond hope. Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mancell7462
in reply to: dwallin

I assuming your blocks are drawn in 3D.  You should be able to just right click on your blocks go to "convert to" than "Multi-view part".  all you have to do is give the part a name and skip the other steps.  Than you have a mvp that does what you want and is about the same as a regular block. 

Message 3 of 3
dwallin
in reply to: mancell7462

Thank you so so very much mancell7462!! To clarify, my part is actually 2D but that's not a problem. All of the geometry is in the XY plane, so when I set the elevation of the multiview part created from my original block, hidden lines appear accordingly. You just made my day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost