Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you instal more than one catalog

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
swinter
370 Views, 1 Reply

can you instal more than one catalog

Following online tutorials I find that I do not have similar parts available, how can I install global parts rather than the basic 2017 parts loaded.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: swinter

Global parts are available when you start AutoCAD with the global profile.  The global profile is added during AutoCAD MEP.  If you did not install it then you will need to rerun the installer from the Control Panel Program and Features Section.

If you do not wish to load the global profile and instead use the global parts catalogs in your existing profile then it is just as easy as going into the options of autocad mep and going to the catalogs section and adding the specific global catalog to the correct section.  Please be aware however if the catalogs have the same GUID then only the top catalog in the list will show during a part add command.  The same goes for individual components.  Only the first one encountered will be shown.  I am not sure if this is the case with the global catalogs but thought I would mention it.  There are parts with duplicate names and guids so I am sure you will encounter that.

You can also copy the parts from catalog to catalog by copying the 3 files associated with each part.  (dwg, xml, bmp).  Using the CATALOGREGEN command will add the part to the catalog.  You will still see the same scenario if there are duplicate part guids.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost