Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2016 - Content Browser broken?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mdhutchinson
305 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2016 - Content Browser broken?

Appologies for the double post. But I thought perhaps it should be in this forum instead. (you can delete that one, I could not) 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/autocad-mep-2016-contentbrowser-broke...

Over several releases now I've managed our company Tool Palettes via Content Browser. However, now it seems I can no longer manage them through this tool. I migrated the bulk of them from AutoCAD MEP 2014 to 2016 and they all seemed to be working in AutoCAD MEP as they should... however, I need to add some new tools and I cannot drag them from a new tool palette. The browser seems to simply lock up showing not responding in the title bar. At first when I drag the tool or even the whole palette into Content Browser I get a circle with a slash through it, then if I release the mouse button, I get an hour glass, then it simply locks up until I have to force it closed.

Is this a known issue... ?

Is there an work around?

I hope I do not have to rebuild them all scratch.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @mdhutchinson,

Thank you for posting your question here. The first thing you might try is this solution. This happens sometimes when multiple version of the software are installed on the same machine, creating a conflict with the Content Browser version.

If that doesn't work, there may be an issue with the migration from 2014 to 2016. You could each of the following:

• Try the migration again.
  • Try migrating to 2015 and then to 2016.
  • Check for any special characters in your Windows User Name.
  • Test under the local Admininstrator account.
  • Uncheck "Content Catalog files" during migration.

For good measure, make sure your User Account Control is set to "Never Notify", and that you've made exclusions in any antivirus/security programs for relevant Autodesk file extensions.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 3
byrdiel
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Did you ever find a solution to this?  We are having the same issue.  We have tried uninstalling - reinstalling - profile reset and still the tools will not drag into the users workspace.  Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost