AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF within single sheet

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
suresh_070379
290 Views, 1 Reply

XREF within single sheet

Hi,

If we working multiple sheets in single file i.e. H1,H2, H3, L1,L2,L3,C1,C2 & C3 views, we need to often match one view with the other. For example, C view (end view) should be matched with H (plan view). What we are doing to check the views is copy the H view and past it as block below the C view and check the matching. When preparing the drawing, if we make one change one detail in H view, we should again copy and paste and check it with C view. My question is if we have the option like XREF within the single file, our job will be easy. i.e. we don't need to often copy and paste the H view and match with the C view. If one time we paste it below the C view and we have the above option, whenever we change the H view, automatically the drawing below the C view will be updated and there is no need of again and again doing the same copy and paste.

For this above problem, if any solution is available, kindly let me know.

Regards,

Suresh

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
michaelsu
in reply to: suresh_070379

Hi Suresh,

Not sure if I understand your requirement.

If you want one instance of view to change and the other will follow, would it be useful to make it a block and use block editor to change its instance?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost