AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ACAD Mechanical 2014 is so slow ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chandanajagoda
627 Views, 2 Replies

Why ACAD Mechanical 2014 is so slow ?

Hi All,

I have dell optiplex 390 desktop with core i5 CPU &  Ram 8GB also running on Win 7 64bit. ACAD Mechanical is frequently stuck & very slowly most of time. I have server type networks licenses for ACAD Mechanical. So could you have explain why reason for so slow ACAD Mechanical 2014?

BR

Chadana

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

There are many reasons - (too many to list here). Search the discussion groups, not just Mech. Could be something simple like the hardware accelerator is on or something more complex as something in your server slowing your CPU down. Without being on site, it is hard to diagnose. If you try all the suggestions which may apply, which can be found throughout the forums, I'm pretty confident you will resolve the issue. Or at least bring the speed up to a serviceable level.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 3
Soyoung.H
in reply to: chandanajagoda

If you are not having a hard time to get license from the server and this is just AutoCAD's performance issue,  you may want to check these technical solutions.

Cursor performance issues in Windows 7 when hardware acceleration is off

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14898223&linkID=9240617

Optimize Performance within Windows 7 Environments

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18818398&linkID=9240617

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Soyoung.H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost