AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do these dimstyles come from? "STANDARD$0"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Rbax2014
793 Views, 2 Replies

where do these dimstyles come from? "STANDARD$0"

you guys have helped alot getting past the 2015 issues.  I have another, i set up my ddim styles  as i always have for years.  i get strange dim styles.  I have also noticed that the dim ribbon acts on its own.  So i guess it has something to do with it, some  kind of dimentional conflict between dimstyles.  anyone know how to destroy this "STANDARD$0" i cant seem to make it go away in the 3 or 4 minutes a day i have to fix autocad issues?

THANKS,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
acwtzwegers
in reply to: Rbax2014

AutoCAD Mechanical used to be a 3rd party plug in for AuoCAD around 1992 called "genius". Since Autodesk bought it to create this vertical, it has not really been updated - only bug fixed when it became too unstable.

The result is that any feature introduced after that time is not or barely supported - including annotative dimensioning (and anything else to do with paper space).

A fix that has been hacked together (probably to keep the genius system from completely falling appart) is a reactor that copies annotative dimension styles to $0, $1 etc ones.

So what yoiu can do:

• Use every option to complain to Autodesk that AutoCAD Mechanical uses 20th century methods. (like I am doing here)
  • Use 20th century methods yourself. (no annotativity etc)
  • Code your own reactor to undo what the Mechanical one does.
  • Make a button/script that fixes it without a reactor and press it once in a while
Message 3 of 3
Rbax2014
in reply to: acwtzwegers

thanks for the responce.  I think i will just not name any dimstyle "standard" it 

seems to help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost