AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weld symbol scales

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
j05h
554 Views, 6 Replies

weld symbol scales

Ive just started using these automated weld symbols and have found for text sizes you cant have a user decided amount, only the amounts listed, is there a way around this?

also is there a way to set a scale for the weld symbols? something similar to dimension style manager would be brilliant, anyone know of anything like this? Edited by: j05h on Oct 30, 2008 4:16 PM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: j05h

Hi,

On Predefined Standards like ISO, ANSI..etc we cannot set individual text size on standard elements like weld, Surface texture,..etc.

Using custom standard, we can achieve individual text size for weld, Surface texture, and other symbols.

Follow below steps to create custom standard and individual text size.

1. Command : AMOPTIONS
  2. In the Options dialog box, select AM:Standards tab.
  3. In the Standard box, type a name for your own standard, and press ENTER. The selection dialog box appears.
  4. From the drop-down list box, select a standard to use as a base standard
  5. Click OK until all dialog boxes close.
  6. Command Options
  7. Double click Weld-->in the weld setting dialog box-->set required text size-->Ok

Similarly you can configure other elements of the standard and then save as a .dwt file for future use.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Manufacturing Solutions Division
Autodesk, Inc.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 7
j05h

thanks for that mate worked a treat.

Although, you say you can save it as dwt. for future reference, my company doesnt allow use of layouts(crazy i know) as our customers dont know how to use them, when reading dwgs so is there a way i can simply change the overscale of the standard or must i use the scale command each time?

cheers

josh
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

You don't have to use layouts to use a
template.  You just set up what you want in model space and save it as a
.dwt.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
thanks
for that mate worked a treat. Although, you say you can save it as dwt. for
future reference, my company doesnt allow use of layouts(crazy i know) as our
customers dont know how to use them, when reading dwgs so is there a way i can
simply change the overscale of the standard or must i use the scale command
each time? cheers josh
Message 5 of 7
j05h

Yes, i understand that, but was hoping there was a scale input type thing, instead of say having a drg that is scale 1:5 and having to readjust the text and arrow size from 3.5 to 17.5 etc

i guess maybe i should make multiple standards ie 1:1 1:5 1:10 and so on...

One more problem the weld symbols seem to turn to blocks once ive saved and closed the drg, which makes editing a real pain.
Message 6 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk

Josh,

You may use amsymscale system variable to scale the symbols (including dimensions) and verify it helps.

Regarding weld symbols converting into blocks:

If the drawing files are saved in Vanilla AutoCAD format; mechanical entities like annotation symbols, standard parts, balloons will be converted into blocks.

To avoid this issue, enure default Save As option is set as AutoCAD Mechanical in the options dialog box.

command: options>Open and Save tab>File Save As dropdown>select the first option, AutoCAD 2007 drawing format (*.dwg)

Thanks,
Sridhar
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 7 of 7
j05h

worked a treat.

cheers

josh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost