AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

igorlalic2012
Message 1 of 3 (194 Views)

Using Ortho (F8) issue

194 Views, 2 Replies
04-19-2012 11:42 AM

I have a problem with only one drawing settings about using Ortho (F8) command when drawing or rotating geometry.

When I select F8 (locking ortho for x & y direction), it let's me move curser in inly "Y" axis. It doesallow me move in "x" axis.

I do not know were to go to correct this settings. Help guide does not have it.

Please help me and thank you very much.

Employee
michaelsu
Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Using Ortho (F8) issue

04-19-2012 07:49 PM in reply to: igorlalic2012

Hi,

Can you be more specific about your issue? Are you saying you cannot move your cursor horizontally but only vertically? Does it happen to new drawing or some specific drawing?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

igorlalic2012
Message 3 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: Using Ortho (F8) issue

04-20-2012 04:37 AM in reply to: michaelsu

I solved my own issue. I found out that drawing was in wrong view and nothing was working in "x" direction.

I changed view and everything was working fine. Sorry for emberresing myself, but at least I am happy problem is corrected.

Thank you for respond.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.