AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGETN ! Critcial Problem - Please provide a solution

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TeeVee
224 Views, 6 Replies

URGETN ! Critcial Problem - Please provide a solution

Hi there !

I use AutoCAD Mechanical 2004 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 on a Windows XP SP1a platform. Whenever I save a drawing file and the reopen it, I get the following error messages,

INTERNAL ERROR: !dbvport.cpp@2652: ePermanentlyErased
INTERNAL ERROR: !dbvport.cpp@2652: eUnknownHnadle

What's the solution to these persisting problems. I am annoyed to see that my full day of work is displayed for none.

If Autodesk Experts replies to this issue, it would be helping me as this is a mission critical problem.

Thank you

TeeVee
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
steedj
in reply to: TeeVee

Hello,
I too have Mech 2004 & 2005...

I tried to open your drawing and I got the same error's as you.
I tried to run Recover on it, I tried to insert it as a block, and I even tried to access it via Design Center but It crashed there as well.

It's funny that prior to loading the file, I can see a Thumbnail image of it but it will not load.

Possible Help:
You should have a backup of this file, right? Look for a EL-F.bak or EL-F.sv$ file. Change the extension to DWG and see if you can open it.

If that does not work, try accessing your AutoCAD subscription service (if you have one) and tell them what's going on -- maybe they can help.

What version of AutoCAD are you saving to?

Regards,
Joey Steed
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

We need some more information. Which release is being used to save the file, and which release is being used to open the file? With your 2004 release what does the AMVER command report? -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

....same result for me... "steedj" wrote in message news:17640526.1092940808112.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello, > I too have Mech 2004 & 2005... > > I tried to open your drawing and I got the same error's as you. > I tried to run Recover on it, I tried to insert it as a block, and I even tried to access it via Design Center but It crashed there as well. > > It's funny that prior to loading the file, I can see a Thumbnail image of it but it will not load. > > Possible Help: > You should have a backup of this file, right? Look for a EL-F.bak or EL-F.sv$ file. Change the extension to DWG and see if you can open it. > > If that does not work, try accessing your AutoCAD subscription service (if you have one) and tell them what's going on -- maybe they can help. > > What version of AutoCAD are you saving to? > > Regards, > Joey Steed
Message 5 of 7
JJ Purugganan

Hi TeeVee,
problem solved, i insert the drawing then recover and save with new file name
please find the attachment that i recovered from your dwg.file

JJ Purugganan
Message 6 of 7
TeeVee

Thanks JJ

It seems to be alright now.
Message 7 of 7
JJ Purugganan

your welcome...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost