AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Model Views in Autocad Mechanical

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
KevinMacDonald
217 Views, 0 Replies

Understanding Model Views in Autocad Mechanical

Despite my tag line this is a question about Autocad Mechanical, not Inventor. I use both.

I am having trouble understanding how model views work. I have a sub assembly in a drawing which lies at an oblique angle in 3D. It only makes sense to dimension it from a local UCS and plan view. In fact, fully detailing the assembly requires several model views as seen from various oblique directions. I was able to get my parts to show up in the drawing via a model view in the correct orientation. BUT, when I try to dimension the view I note that THE DIMENSIONS ARE SHOWING UP ROTATED OUT OF PLANE!! Bizarre. How do I convince Autocad that I want to annotate my model view from a perspective that is looking straight at it! I'm rather baffled this was not the default behavior.

In short, I am not understanding how model views, the UCS and view in model space used to create the model view, and the current UCS and view in which annotations are done all tie together.

Thanks.

Inventor 2013
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost