AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCS right-click menu somehow got disabled?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MarvinCAD
886 Views, 3 Replies

UCS right-click menu somehow got disabled?

AutoCAD Mechanical 2012:

When I right-click my UCS icon in the lower-left of the model space drawing window, a right-click menu (with the commands World, Previous, Named UCS, Rotate View, etc.) should appear but doesn't. 

Yet, when I open the plain AutoCAD 2012, this UCS right-click menu works...which made me think it was an option that is either turned off by default or nonexistant in the "Mechanical" version...but my co-worker also uses Mechanical, and his right-click UCS menu works!

I have set my UCS to be "selectable", and that didn't help.  I've checked every tab of the "Option"s menu between each version to make sure there's no difference that could cause this problem.  I saw nothing that seemed to help.

Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong? 

Obviously, I know I can just type "UCS" at the command line, but I want this newer way to work too. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarvinCAD
in reply to: MarvinCAD

Let me add that my AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical is an upgrade from the original 2011 dvd's.

The problem persists even when I open up AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical and start a new drawing from scratch using the stock "acad.dwt".

Also, I'm wondering if there's any way to get AutoCAD to print out one long text file that has every AutoCAD setting.  Then I could do that for both AutoCAD standard and mechanical...and then compare the two to see all the differences that may explain the problem occurring only in mechanical but not in the standard AutoCAD.

Message 3 of 4
MarvinCAD

I found that changing my profile from <<ACADMPP>> to <<VANILLA>> makes the right-click UCS menu work.  That changes many, many other things along with it that I don't want to change, however.  But possibly comparing the main customization file .cuix that gets loaded when a user changes from one profile to the other may yield some answers.

For example, <<ACADMPP>> by default has no rollover tooltips set, so even though the Options/Display/Show Tool Tips may be checkboxed, if the .cuix doesn't have some specific property set to show upon rollover, no tooltip happens anyway.  I had been wondering about that issue too.

Message 4 of 4
MarvinCAD

Figured it out.

In the CUI/shortcut menus/ there is an entry called UCS for <<VANILLA>> AutoCAD, but in <<ACADMPP>> AutoCAD Mechanical there is none. 

I used the transfer tab on the CUI to load up the acad.cuix and copy its UCS shortcut menu into AutoCAD Mechanical's list of shortcut menus.  Problem solved.  Now Mechanical has the right-click  UCS menu too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost