AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Amholechart command

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
trinhxuanbang103
504 Views, 8 Replies

Trouble with Amholechart command

If i click on the hole table after creat it, the Hole Chart box was showed, but if i closed the drawing and open it again, the Reference Edit box would show. How do i get the first one back?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

the Hole Chart box

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

I am guessing you probably save the drawing unintentionally to AutoCAD dwg format, for example, AutoCAD 2013 Drawing (*.dwg) . If you do that, those mechanical objects like symbol, balloon, parts list, standard part would become blocks after reopen it. Instead, you need to save it to AutoCAD Mechanical Drawing, like AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 Drawing (*.dwg)

I would suggest you go to Options dialog->Open and Save-> Select a mechanical format to save the drawing. Then it will be used as the default format when you save as or qsave.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 9

that's wonderful Michael, thanks very much

Message 5 of 9

by the way, how do i create the hole chart first, then make the holes on the plate?
Message 6 of 9

You can use AMHOLECHART command to place the point of origin and then select holes and place hole table in the drawing.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 9

No, it mean, i want creat the holes coordinate first then place the point of origin on the plate and AutoCAD will creat the those holes

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

Sorry, I don't quite understand the problem. Souds like you want to place hole chart table first and then add holes into it. In that case, you can click add holes in Hole chart dialog. See snapshot.

Please illustrate your problem if it's a different case.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk

Message 9 of 9

how can I reverse the process of normal creating hole table way? I want to establish the position of holes, after that the software will creat holes on the plate for me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost