AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toolbar error on load

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
koehler
191 Views, 2 Replies

toolbar error on load

I'm not sure if I'm in the right group, but I'm sure you'll let me know. I loaded IVseries 9 which includes "AutoCAD Mechanical" Inventor and Auto Cad are fine, no problem with those 2 programs, however when I launch AutoCAD Mechanical or Mechanical Desktop I get this error message that reads"unable to open source menu file for write, the toolbar change will not be saved:C:Program files\autodesk\MDT\desktop\support\AMDT.MNS
Essentially I have no tool bars when the programs open.
Could this be an installation problem?
Any advice would be helpful

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mooresk257
in reply to: koehler

Assuming you are running win XP Pro, I had similar problems when we first installed AM 2004 DX - Our IT department does not trust us peasants with power user level access, limited access only. So, the permissions were not set properly.

If you do not have full access permission to the drive space where the application is resident, you will not be able to set or change toolbars.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: koehler

I had the exact same issue as moores. Not only can you not modify toolbars, but forget about LISPing as well.
The eventual solution here was for the It guy to break down and give me administrative rights to my PC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost