AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palettes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
295 Views, 5 Replies

Tool Palettes

Working in AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.

If I use the Design Center and go to a drawing and tell it to make it a tool pallette it does so immediately.  Unfortunately the tool pallette is totally blank.

If I manually create a tool pallette and go to a drawing in the Design Center and drag a block to the new pallette it appears to be doing it properly but as soon as I let go of the mouse button the pallette is blank.  Nothing is being added to the pallette

We are unable to create tool pallets in 2014 or rather, we can only create empty pallettes.

Strangely though if I drag something from a drawing to a pallette (using Design Center) I created in Mech 2010 it works fine and the new block is added exactly where I place it.

Couldn't find any trouble shooting reference in help files.

Regards,

Mark

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had the same issue when I started my tool palete. What worked for me is saving a block dwg to a folder on my hard drive. After that, I could drag and drop the block from it's dwg to the tool palette and save the tool palete. Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 6
VinodBalasubramanian

Shiploose is correct. You could try his approach. Also you could try to right click on the folder in design center where you have your blocks and try to add it to the tool palette. This should work as well.

Untitled.png

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Good day to you.

Just wanted to check with you for an update. Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

We will be glad to assist you further.

Your understanding and support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day !

Thanks,
Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

UPDATE

First, sorry it took so long tom get back to you...I've been out for almost two weeks.

I tried your solution and I'm sorry to say it does not work for me.  I can use Design Center and drag any block from any drawing to any existing tool pallette that I created before 2014.  When I create any tool pallette in 2014 it remains blank.  I can add no blocks to it.

Message 6 of 6
VinodBalasubramanian

Can you able to use our screencast tool to capture your workflow. This would help me to analyze the problem better.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/

You can send me the screencast link once you publish it.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost