How can I configure Acad M 2011 in a way that when I start from scratch and I want to insert a border with title block, our own company border and title block which are located on a dedicated server ar displayed.
Thanks in advance
Please follow below steps:
1. Create a new drawing based on AM_ANSI.dwt or AM_ISO.dwt. (OR any other standard template that your company follows)
2. Command AMoptions:AMtandard tab
3. Double click "Drawing Sheet" under "Standard Elements"
4. Click [...] button to browser title border located on your shared server
5. Repeat the above step for title block
6. Save the drawing as a template using SaveAS command and select "dwt" option from the "File of Type" dropdown
Everytime you create a new drawing based on this template and insert a titleblock, you see custom titleblock and border configured as above
Let me know if this helps
This works indeed but the problem is as following:
I start a new drawing using our own template, dwt, file and insert one of our own borders and title block, for example, sheet A2 and company title block.
I save the drawing and close it; when I open the drawing again and want to change the border to for example A1 by double click on the border, I can not choose one of our own bordrs which are in the template but I get a list of borders and title blocks located somewhere in my own profile.
Probably there has to be a setting changed in Acad M 2011 in a way that it looks always in the dedicated server folder instead of in the folder in my profile.
What setting has to be changed?
Please try following steps and let me know if this helps:
1. Create a 'Gen' folder at the required network or alternative directory location.
2. Copy the 'Dcl' folder and its contents from the original installation and place it in the new 'Gen' folder.
3. Copy the 'Dwg' folder and its contents from the original installation and place it in the new 'Gen' folder.
4. Start AutoCAD Mechanical
4. Type AMOptions>>AM Preferences tab>>under 'Snap Settings' click System button
5. Expand 'Acad/M' in the left hand window and highlight 'Paths'.
6. Edit the 'AltGeniusPath' in the right hand window and change its value to the network path of the new 'Gen' folder (do not enter 'Gen' in the path)
7. Create a new entry in the 'Paths' right clicking on 'Paths' in the left hand window and choosing 'New' from the context sensitive menu. Call the new entry 'AltDwgTitle' and set the value as a path with the network address of the new 'Dwg' folder (do not enter 'Dwg' in the path).
8. Exit the system and AMoptions dialogue boxes and then restart the application.
The Genius title blocks and borders will now be loaded from the new network address
Hope this helps
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.