AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title blocks and borders Acad M 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rhombergh
1004 Views, 3 Replies

Title blocks and borders Acad M 2011

How can I configure Acad M 2011 in a way that when I start from scratch and I want to insert a border with title block, our own company border and title block which are located on a dedicated server ar displayed.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Please follow below steps:

1. Create a new drawing based on AM_ANSI.dwt or AM_ISO.dwt.  (OR any other standard template that your company follows)

2. Command AMoptions:AM:Standard tab

3. Double click "Drawing Sheet" under "Standard Elements"

1.png

4. Click [...] button to browser title border located on your shared server

5. Repeat the above step for title block

2.png

6. Save the drawing as a template using SaveAS command and select "dwt" option from the "File of Type" dropdown

Everytime you create a new drawing based on this template and insert a titleblock, you see custom titleblock and border configured as above

Let me know if this helps

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

This works indeed but the problem is as following:

I start a new drawing using our own template, dwt, file and insert one of our own borders and title block, for example, sheet A2 and company title block.

I save the drawing and close it; when I open the drawing again and want to change the border to for example A1 by double click on the border, I can not choose one of our own bordrs which are in the template but I get a list of borders and title blocks located somewhere in my own profile.

Probably there has to be a setting changed in Acad M 2011 in a way that it looks always in the dedicated server folder instead of in the folder in my profile.

What setting has to be changed?

Thanks

Richard

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Please try following steps and let me know if this helps:

1. Create a 'Gen' folder at the required network or alternative directory location.

2. Copy the 'Dcl' folder and its contents from the original installation and place it in the new 'Gen' folder.

3. Copy the 'Dwg' folder and its contents from the original installation and place it in the new 'Gen' folder.

4. Start AutoCAD Mechanical

4. Type AMOptions>>AM Preferences tab>>under 'Snap Settings' click System button

5. Expand 'Acad/M' in the left hand window and highlight 'Paths'.

6. Edit the 'AltGeniusPath' in the right hand window and change its value to the network path of the new 'Gen' folder (do not enter 'Gen' in the path)

7. Create a new entry in the 'Paths' right clicking on 'Paths' in the left hand window and choosing 'New' from the context sensitive menu. Call the new entry 'AltDwgTitle' and set the value as a path with the network address of the new 'Dwg' folder (do not enter 'Dwg' in the path).

8. Exit the system and AMoptions dialogue boxes and then restart the application.

The Genius title blocks and borders will now be loaded from the new network address

Hope this helps

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost