AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block attributes / fields link to Vault broken

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rclark
701 Views, 2 Replies

Title block attributes / fields link to Vault broken

Hello,

I am currently using Vault Workgroup 2015 and ACADM 2015, and on one specific drawing my Titleblock template has lost its links to the Vault in terms of the field entries that should be automatically filled in (drawing number, revision, dates etc). My system is set up so that the Vault entries drive the attributes / fields (not certain of the correct terminology) on the drawing.

The problem occured after I needed to edit the position of the text in the titleblock, so I right-clicked on the block and chose 'Block Editor', made the changes, selected 'Close block editor' and selected 'Save the changes'.

I am not certain whether the link was lost at this point, as it was only after incrementing the revision that I noticed the change was not being picked up, but this is the only thing I can think of that is likely to have caused the problem.

New drawings seem to be fine - the problem is just with the one I edited the block in.

I have tried deleting the block, purging and reinserting from template, but this does not seem to work either.

Can anyone assist in rectifying this, and/or explaining where I went wrong to cause the fault so it doesn't happen again!!

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
r.smith1
in reply to: rclark

Hi RClark,

I see you have a problem with your attributes not updating from the Vault to the dwg after modifying a block in the dwg, is that correct?  Can you tell us, did you change the attribute name or the block name in any way?  It might be the case that you inadvertently while redefining it, and now the block is no longer indexed in the ADMS server and the attribute is no longer mapped.  Perhaps if the attribute name was changed, the mapping for this dwg file is now broken as well. 

I recommend checking to see if the block name was changed, and also the attribute name.  This includes cases sensitivity.  An example if this is if the block name was TitleBlock then when you redefined it, you mistyped the name Ttleblock, the block and its attributes will no longer be indexed in ADMS.

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
rclark
in reply to: r.smith1

Hi r.smith1,

Thanks for your reply.

I persisted with the problem and came across a thread on a forum describing a similar issue.

The problem seems to be the 'FIELDEVAL' variable, which controls the conditions under which the fields get updated. By default this should be set to '31' but upon editing the block and saving it changes to '4', which only updates fields when you plot.

Upon changing this setting back to 31 on the affected drawing (drawings, as I later discovered) the fields updated ok.

However, there is still some issue with this setting reverting to '4' under certain conditions without warning. One of these conditions seems to be when you check the drawing back in to Vault, go through a state change (as part of the VWG lifecycle), and then check the drawing out again.

So, although the problem is manageable as far as I can tell so far, it is still present to a degree as I have no explanation for why this FIELDEVAL variable should decide to change itself.

I have had a number of problems with my upgrade to PDSP2015, with reinstalls correcting some and not others, so I am starting to wonder if this behaviour is indicative of yet another corrupted install.

I would be interested to know if you or anyone else has experienced this particular FIELDEVAL problem, and what the reason for it resetting itself might be.

Best regards,

Richard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost