AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The da** grid keeps getting in the way...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KristinLindberg
273 Views, 1 Reply

The da** grid keeps getting in the way...

It doesn't matter what I set the grid to... if I turn it off, on, etc. It always seems to start over-ruling what I'm doing, and it gets in my way. 

Find attached blank drawing template.

It'll work fine at first, and then at some unknown point in my drawing time it just decides that it's time to start disallowing me to pick a certain point and forces the grid on me.

My only remedy to this has turned into opening a new drawing, copy-pasting my work into it, continuing to draw, and copy-pasting it back into my original drawing.

Is there something I'm missing in my settings, something that's different between Vanilla and Mechanical? I've been using Vanilla for over 10 years, just recently switched over to Mechanical a few months ago.

Help?!

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 SP2
AutoCAD 2013 SP2
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
michaelsu
in reply to: KristinLindberg

Hi,

I open your attached drawing and find Snap ON is checked in Drafting settings dialog. If I turn it off or press F9, then you won't see the grid snap behavior.

You can use DSETTINGS to invoke Drafting settings dialog and uncheck Snap On or simply press F9 to turn it on/off. see snapshot.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost