AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to simple AutoCAD commands

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Zoltan78
525 Views, 3 Replies

Switching to simple AutoCAD commands

Hail!

Is there any easy way to switch AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 to use plain AutoCAD commands in context menus (I set mouse right click to bring context menu up), toolbars (I don't use ribbon), etc.? So I'd like to eliminate all mechanical commands for good. I guess I'd need a workspace called "AutoCAD Classic" or something but there's not. I get used to simple copy command (for example) so much that mechanical's copy is quite annoying in the way that it is work. There's a lot of command like this and I don't really want to customize each one unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks!

Zoltan

Software: Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
CPU: Core i5-8600K
RAM: 2*8Gb
VGA: GTX 3070
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Zoltan78

@Zoltan78 wrote:

I guess I'd need a workspace called "AutoCAD Classic" or something but there's not.....

AutCAD Mechanical runs on top of AutoCAD vanilla, so there is a way to run as vanilla AutoCAD.
There might be an easy way -

Go to Start (lower left corner of screen) and All Programs>Autodesk>Autodesk Mechanical and see if there is a Run Mechanical as AutoCAD.  If so, you can right click drag adn copy an icon for starting vanilla AutoCAD to the desktop.

If not, post back for further instructions......

(or search for the instructions, as this is a common question here on the Autodesk forums).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Zoltan78

There's no such icon, but there's an AutoCAD icon without Mechanical! It works, thanks for the tip! I've never imagined that I should start another program.

acad_run_opts.png

Zoltan

Software: Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
CPU: Core i5-8600K
RAM: 2*8Gb
VGA: GTX 3070
Message 4 of 4
dgorsman

If you investigate, you'll find that you *are* running the same program.  The shortcut which starts Mechanical loads the supporting utilities while the run-as does not.  This can be useful if you want to start out with a custom profile and/or workspace.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost