AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Steel shape chamfering

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
304 Views, 7 Replies

Standard Steel shape chamfering

Anyone know if there's a way to chamfer standard steel shapes? Thanks and... Have fun, Dave
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dave, As far as I know, there is no way to modify the ACADM PowerPack parts while keeping them PowerPack parts. You can add/remove sizes from the value table. If you need to modify the geometry of a PP steel shape, after inserting it into your drawing, you must break the link and convert it to a regular component. Jim "Dave Seibert" wrote in message news:41e3d10b$1_3@newsprd01... > Anyone know if there's a way to chamfer standard steel shapes? > > Thanks and... > > Have fun, > Dave > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

"Jim Shipley" wrote: > Dave, > As far as I know, there is no way to modify the ACADM PowerPack parts while > keeping them PowerPack parts. > snip < Kind of what I thought so... we drew a chamfer shape over the chamfer area. We then put two of the three lines on a freezable layer, leaving the chamfer line on am_0. Then we do a hide on the three lines, hiding the steel behind it. Then we freeze the two lines we don't need anymore. Simple, eh? :O) Have fun, Dave
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

How about a screen capture of what you are saying. I don't understand what you meant.

Jerry
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

....seems like a lot of work! "Dave Seibert" wrote in message news:41e40454_2@newsprd01... > > "Jim Shipley" wrote: > > Dave, > > As far as I know, there is no way to modify the ACADM PowerPack parts > while > > keeping them PowerPack parts. > > snip < > > Kind of what I thought so... > > we drew a chamfer shape over the chamfer area. We then put two of the > three lines on a freezable layer, leaving the chamfer line on am_0. Then we > do a hide on the three lines, hiding the steel behind it. Then we freeze > the > two lines we don't need anymore. > > Simple, eh? :O) > > Have fun, > Dave > >
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hope this clears it up a bit. HAve fun, Dave "lsaapedd" wrote: > How about a screen capture of what you are saying. I don't understand what you meant. > > Jerry
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

But it saves the std steel and after I write the lisp it should be cake. :O) Have fun, Dave "Jim Shipley" wrote: > ...seems like a lot of work! > > > "Dave Seibert" wrote: > > "Jim Shipley" wrote: > > > Dave, > > > As far as I know, there is no way to modify the ACADM PowerPack parts > > while > > > keeping them PowerPack parts. > > > snip < > > > > Kind of what I thought so... > > > > we drew a chamfer shape over the chamfer area. We then put two of the > > three lines on a freezable layer, leaving the chamfer line on am_0. Then > we > > do a hide on the three lines, hiding the steel behind it. Then we freeze > > the > > two lines we don't need anymore. > > > > Simple, eh? :O) > > > > Have fun, > > Dave > > > > > >
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

That doesn't work for me. When I freeze the chamfer layer, my hide goes away.

Jerry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost