AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP1 for AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 now available!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
259 Views, 11 Replies

SP1 for AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 now available!

Service Pack 1 for AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 is now available, and includes the recent service pack for AutoCAD 2005. If you have the communication center enabled, you should be able to access the service pack directly. Otherwise, you can follow the links to the product website on www.autodesk.com. Please note, there are several different locations to find the service pack, depending on the license you purchased: AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 SP1 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4749513&linkID=4198948 Mechanical Desktop 2005 SP1 (for Autodesk Inventor Series) http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4749559&linkID=4183232 Mechanical Desktop 2005 SP1 (for Autodesk Inventor Professional) http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4749545&linkID=4189376
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
amoshman
in reply to: Anonymous

Eric,
When I double click the SP1 Icon after I downloaded it, I get an error stating that it couldn't find the software installed on my computer. Hence, the service pack does not work for me. Do you have another solution?
Andy
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Did you install ACADM from the AIS or AIP CDs? If so, you need to download and install the MDT version of the service pack. Also make sure you download the locked version and not the unlocked version. -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "amoshman" wrote in message news:14579784.1097259295902.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Eric, > When I double click the SP1 Icon after I downloaded it, I get an error stating that it couldn't find the software installed on my computer. Hence, the service pack does not work for me. Do you have another solution? > Andy
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Andy, Are you using the Communication Center to download the patch or are you trying to get it directly from the web site? The CommCenter should download the correct version for you automatically. -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 12
erobb

Mine does the same. I have Stand Alone version of AcadM 2k5. I downloaded from Autodesk's site SP1 and when I ran it, it returned that I didnot have this product installed. So I tried through the communications Center and it trys to load the Raster Design Service Pack. Very very confusing. I have never even seen Raster Design. I have heard of it but it certainly has not touched my machine. ANy ideas?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Please make sure you downloaded the locked version of the service pack. If you installed ACM as part of AIS or AIP you need to download the MDT version of the service pack. -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "erobb" wrote in message news:31376878.1097781244903.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Mine does the same. I have Stand Alone version of AcadM 2k5. I downloaded from Autodesk's site SP1 and when I ran it, it returned that I didnot have this product installed. So I tried through the communications Center and it trys to load the Raster Design Service Pack. Very very confusing. I have never even seen Raster Design. I have heard of it but it certainly has not touched my machine. ANy ideas?
Message 7 of 12
mooresk257

I guess I'll have to wait for SP2. I'm not going to uninstall Win XP SP2 just to install the service pack.

I certainly hope you folks figure out how to get your software working with XP SP2 because new computers ship with it already installed.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

The patch should work with XP SP2 for most cases. Applying it to Deployment Trees won't work or onto XP Home SP2, but most other installs should. And the problem with XP SP2 is a Microsoft issue, not an Autodesk issue. -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "moores" wrote in message news:21488981.1098129385518.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I guess I'll have to wait for SP2. I'm not going to uninstall Win XP SP2 just to install the service pack. > > I certainly hope you folks figure out how to get your software working with XP SP2 because new computers ship with it already installed.
Message 9 of 12
mooresk257

Sorry, there was nothing in the readme file for the update that differentiated between XP pro & XP home.

My main concern is my notebook which I use 90% of the time for my design work. It's easier to take my work home with me that way.

My notebook has XP home edition on it. Will installing WinXP SP2 over an existing AM 2005 SP1 installation cause the same problem?

What problems would occur?

Do you know if Microsoft is working on a solution for the problems XP SP2 causes with your SP1?
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

If you install ACM SP1 first and then XP SP2 you should not have any problems as far as I know. I have tested a pre-release hotfix from Microsoft and it appears to fix the original install appearing to hang defect. We will still have a problem with SP1 on XP Home and network installs but I think we may be able to work around that for future releases of service packs for Pathfinder. We are currently working to validate XP SP2 now that we have this fix. -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "moores" wrote in message news:3318510.1098201062613.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Sorry, there was nothing in the readme file for the update that differentiated between XP pro & XP home. > > My main concern is my notebook which I use 90% of the time for my design work. It's easier to take my work home with me that way. > > My notebook has XP home edition on it. Will installing WinXP SP2 over an existing AM 2005 SP1 installation cause the same problem? > > What problems would occur? > > Do you know if Microsoft is working on a solution for the problems XP SP2 causes with your SP1?
Message 11 of 12
jason

My Autocad mechanical 2005 is installed from The Inventor series 9 cd. When trying to install sp1 locked version for MDT 2005 a message comes up that reads: the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.
Insert the Mechanical Desktop 2005 disk and click OK

Now what??

Jason
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Did you try putting the AIS CD #2 you used to install ACADM in the CD drive? This should solve the problem. -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "jpoint" wrote in message news:22433177.1098204131674.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > My Autocad mechanical 2005 is installed from The Inventor series 9 cd. When trying to install sp1 locked version for MDT 2005 a message comes up that reads: the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. > Insert the Mechanical Desktop 2005 disk and click OK > > Now what?? > > Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost