AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solprof Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
392 Views, 5 Replies

Solprof Problem

I'm in my layout in paperspace...I create a viewport to modelspace...I use the solprof command on a cylinder for dimensioning...The solprof command creates two layers, one for solid lines and one for hidden lines.......How do I set my object snap to recognize the lines on these layers? If my viewport is showing a circle create by solprof, the only osnap that works is center, I cannot use quad or near. Is there a setting that I am missing or is this just a glich?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post the file or an example file exhibiting the same behavior?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I appreciate your help, sorry it took so long for me to reply. I thought I would be notified of a response. Attached is a file, thanks again.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi

I am not sure if this works for you.
Try the following:

1) During selection, right mouse click on OSNAP on the status bar and select
"Settings..." on the context menu
2) Select "Object Snap" tab
3) Check "Quadrant" and "Nearest"

Rgds,
Low Li San
Software Developer
Manufacturing Solutions Division
Autodesk, Inc.

wrote in message news:5255318@discussion.autodesk.com...
I appreciate your help, sorry it took so long for me to reply. I thought I
would be notified of a response. Attached is a file, thanks again.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I tried that with 4 different drawings and it worked with 2. The drawings it worked with were created with Mechanical 2006, so maybe it will work from here, forward.

Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi jen,

I just read your post today. I looked at your dwg and found it in PS. It will not recognize quadrants in PS. But as soon as I clicked over to floating MS, and made the UCS planer, it worked.

For circles to be recognized fully, they have to be planer to the UCS. That means that X is horizontal and Y is vertical and in the same plane as the circle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost