AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sliceing through threads

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rregimbal
340 Views, 1 Reply

Sliceing through threads

I have been using ACAD since release 10, this is the first time getting help on line.  Be patient!

I am using Mechanical AutoCAD 2009

I am having trouble SOME of the time when trying to axially SLICE through a cylinder that has modified square threads on both ends.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.  I have also tried modelling a box through the centerline and subtracting it with no sucess.

The message I get is:

The Boolean operaton on silids failed.

Modeling Operation Error:

Inconsistant face-body relationships.

Slice failed for selected solid.

In simple terms, does anyone know what the problem is?

Rick Regimbal

email: minstrel08@gmail.com

PS if the attachment does not send, email me and I will send directly

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
archking3
in reply to: rregimbal

from my exp. of 3D soilds modeling useing slice command part has to be all 3d soilds, no 2D things like faces and lines or surfaces , if slice doenst work there few other ways getting section cut view, soldraw and solview commands (make 3D section into 2D) there the cliping plans that doesnt damage model (works beter with mviews in paper space detailing vs detailing in model space

there flaten command or flatshot, but doenst do section cuts iso and elevations more

some time if part is to complex and do a slice you get that error, its leak age error  hard to explain for me unless you know video game map making

let me know if this doenst help , i keep eye on litlte pop up for people post in autocad, i knew autocad 2000i to 2011 and is tech suppor for my engineering firm on autocad even tho just designer =P

edit. i did notice on your dwg , solview/soldraw get same error , cliping plane can work tho.  i guessing its to complex on theared you can re draw it , i havent played much with section helix's or inverted helix's, i would look into more but on deadline

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost