AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Designer 2013 & Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rtunderw
1035 Views, 1 Reply

Sketchbook Designer 2013 & Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013

I am trying to convert sketchbook_designer_2013_sp2_patch_win64.exe to sketchbook_designer_2013_sp2_patch_win64.msp.  I run the command from a command prompt

C:\sketchbook_designer_2013_sp2_patch_win64.exe /e c:\sketchbook_designer_2013_sp2_patch_win64.msp and receive the following error:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

I am installing Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013 64bit edition.

What gives?

Richard

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: rtunderw

A note on this -- the Sketchbook Designer for AutoCAD add-on that puts it on the ribbon, also messes with wipeout grips. This made many of my dynamic blocks useless because they have wipeouts that would no longer adjust along with the block. The solution was to remove that add-on, but to keep the separate Sketchbook Designer (that can be launched separately outside of AutoCAD).

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost