AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings not remaining over night?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
a.zwegers
278 Views, 5 Replies

Settings not remaining over night?

About 20% of our ACAD Mechanical 2010 systems seem to have trouble actually remembering "Profile" settings imported via .arg files, meaning that all settings and preferences (working folders etc.) need to be set every day again. These systems did not have this problem on 2009 or other software and haven't had a new OS install on them... which leads me to conclude that this may be a bug in ACADM 2010... (or, that our network profiles are getting messed up on ACADM 2010 alone).

Has anyone else experienced these issues and is there perhaps a solve already? It can be worked with (just installing the .arg daily), but it's also quite annoying. (especially since it seems to affect mostly the systems run by the not so incredibly computer-savvy collegues).

Update: it seems to affect more then 50% of our systems.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CrAzY-MiKe
in reply to: a.zwegers

In the Workspace Settings Dialog box, have you selected "Automatically save workspace changes"?

At command prompt, type wssettings and press "Enter". See attached snapshot.

Also, I modify all my shortcuts, replacing "ACADMPP" (and the double braces before and after it) with the name of my preferred profile.

Hope this sheds some light...

C-M ^¿^

Edited by: CrAzY-MiKe on May 20, 2009 9:45 AM Edited by: CrAzY-MiKe on May 20, 2009 9:45 AM
Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
Message 3 of 6
a.zwegers

> {quote:title=CrAzY-MiKe wrote:}{quote}
> Also, I modify all my shortcuts, replacing "ACADMPP" (and the double braces before and after it) with the name of my preferred profile.

That seems to be the issue. Apparently a profile that isn't all alone in there and hasn't got the brackets will not stay after a reboot - even if you set it as current. Welll... on a 50-50 chance.

I'd definitely call that a bug though, though because of the 50-50 chance I can see how it could slip through testing.
Message 4 of 6
CrAzY-MiKe

Here's a snapshot of the Properties of my desktop icon for AMech2009.

Following the "/p" is the name of my .arg file: WMH001.

This works (and always has) for me, in conjunction with the WS settings I mentioned before. You have to make sure the .arg file is somewhere AMech can find it. I keep a copy in one of the folders listed in the Support File Search Path under the Files tab in Options. You should be able to add a path to the network folder wherein you store your .arg file(s).

If a change like this to the shortcut does not survive a reboot of your system, there may be a Windows problem involved here as well.

C-M ^¿^
Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
Message 5 of 6
a.zwegers

> {quote:title=CrAzY-MiKe wrote:}{quote}
> If a change like this to the shortcut does not survive a reboot of your system, there may be a Windows problem involved here as well.

Agreed, that was my first thought as well.

However, it seems to be fixed (for now) using the <> trick you mentioned earlier. Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
darius_nausedas

I had to set the profile each time I closed and reopened the AMech 2010 software. Eventually I made a new profile using the 2010 software and have not had issue since. Even though I made a new profile some of the toolbars were modified the way I had them in 2009 so it wasn't that much of a hassle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost