AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting ACADM scale programmatically

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
287 Views, 6 Replies

Setting ACADM scale programmatically

Is there any way to set the drawing scale programmatically (i.e. with a script)? I know I can get the scale with: (gengetdwgsetting "scale") Thanks, Jim
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

More info- I see that you can specify it at the command line [AMSYMSCALE ] but not with a lisp routine... Any ideas? Thanks, Jim "Jim Shipley" wrote in message news:41c6fe67$1_3@newsprd01... > Is there any way to set the drawing scale programmatically (i.e. with a > script)? > > I know I can get the scale with: (gengetdwgsetting "scale") > > Thanks, > Jim > >
Message 3 of 7
DWP

Jim,
Gave this a try to see if it works and it appears to..
Guessing at the command name.

Command: (gengetdwgsetting "scale")
"1:1"

Command: (gensetdwgsetting "scale" "1:2")
T

Command: (gengetdwgsetting "scale")
"1:2"

DWP
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you! I am using this as: (gensetdwgsetting "scale" (strcat "1:" (rtos dscale 2))) Where 'dscale' is a variable passed to the function. Is there a listing of these 'gen' functions? thanks, JIm "DWP" wrote in message news:23000686.1103574146091.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Jim, > Gave this a try to see if it works and it appears to.. > Guessing at the command name. > > Command: (gengetdwgsetting "scale") > "1:1" > > Command: (gensetdwgsetting "scale" "1:2") > T > > Command: (gengetdwgsetting "scale") > "1:2" > > DWP
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Is there a way to set the drawing measurement [metric / inches] which is specified in the Options dialog? Even if I use the AMSETUPDWG command, this is not set to what my standard is. Thanks, Jim "DWP" wrote in message news:23000686.1103574146091.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Jim, > Gave this a try to see if it works and it appears to.. > Guessing at the command name. > > Command: (gengetdwgsetting "scale") > "1:1" > > Command: (gensetdwgsetting "scale" "1:2") > T > > Command: (gengetdwgsetting "scale") > "1:2" > > DWP
Message 6 of 7
DWP

Jim,

If there is somebody please post it 🙂
How did you find gengetdwgsetting?

Yes.
(command "measurement" 0)
0=English
1=Metric

DWP
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

DWP: I don't remember exactly how I found 'gengetdwgsetting', I was doing a google search on some ACADM stuff and somebody mentioned it. Thank you for the 'measurement' answer, this works great. This appears to be a straight AutoCAD system variable. One way to get a listing of commands and functions is to type: 'ARX', then 'C' for Commands. This will cause ACAD to spit forth a list of about a thousand obscure commands, some of which can be run at the command line, and others who knows what they are. Jim "DWP" wrote in message news:30851229.1103636674232.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Jim, > > If there is somebody please post it :-) > How did you find gengetdwgsetting? > > > > Yes. > (command "measurement" 0) > 0=English > 1=Metric > > DWP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost