AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Issue: Cannot open a drawing saved on another Cad System

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
davinl
283 Views, 1 Reply

Serious Issue: Cannot open a drawing saved on another Cad System

I do not know what is causing this but any drawing created on this computer - whether it be 2012 Standard, Mechanical 2013 (current licence) works fine on any of the other cad systems in the company.  If ANY modifications are made to the drawing on any other system  - I cannot open it on this one.  I get a crash with NO error report - just a window that says "AutoCAD Application has stopped working" - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

This is Windows 7x64 - fully patched.  Autocad Product Design Suite Standard 2013. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Can you able to open the drawings created on the same machine without being edited by others ?

What happens if you do a WBLOCK of the drawing and insert it into your AutoCAD Mechanical ?

Did you try doing a RECOVERALL to check for any errors in your drawing file ?

From your explanation, I feel that the drawings are stored in a network and being accessed by multiple users. Can you copy one of the drawings locally and see whether you can open them.

Do let me know your thoughts for the above.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost