AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security system (?) problem under Win 8.1, AutoCAD 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Meditta
594 Views, 3 Replies

Security system (?) problem under Win 8.1, AutoCAD 2013

Hello

I haven't been using AutoCAD for a while. I had it installed on my laptop and last time I used it, it worked fine. In the meantime, I upgraded my Windows 8 to 8.1 and when I wanted to use AutoCAD, it showed me a strange error:błąd.png

I thought it's strange but maybe my license has expired? I tried at first reinstalling it, but it didn't help. So I uninstalled it definitely and downloaded new installation pack from the Autodesk website, with new license code. But it didn't help at all. The same error shows up when I try to run it:

blad.png

Does anybody have any idea what's the problem? I may add, I've installed SP2 and bugfix for Windows 8. I have no idea what else I can do. I would try AutoCAD 2014, but there's no 64-bit version yet (at least not in my language) so I wanted to stay with AutoCAD 2013 for now.

I would appreciate any help.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Meditta

Win8.1 is not supported yet.
Message 3 of 4
Meditta

It's been a while since Win8.1 showed up, so I thought there are patches for it. Is AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 not supported on Win8.1, too?

Message 4 of 4
pendean

Autodesk hasn't quite figured out what's wrong yet: if you want to browse/search the installation forum there are some ideas and tips to try (they don't work for everyone).

Test with a trial version of 2014 first: requires the latest update to also be included and it works fine for most but not all in Win8.1 (again, no official cure but lots of decent guesses that help some).

I think you need to roll back to Win8 (painful option) and sit on your hands for a whole until official support is extended if the trial 2014 also hiccups.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost