AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sectionplane

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Bob_Zurunkle
2059 Views, 11 Replies

Sectionplane

Any ides as to why my sectionplane (and related) commands are not being recognized?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Can you please tell me which command is not working and also which version of mechanical you are running at the moment and the service pack level of the product.

Looking forward to your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 12
Vickimcl
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hi Bob,

I found this to be a problem too and did some googling and found an answer. The sectionplane (and related) commands will not work in the Mechanical profile <<ACADMPP>> since they are AutoCAD Vanilla commands. If you load the Vanilla profile <<VANILLA>>, these commands will work. Type Options -> Profiles tab (to switch profiles)

Autodesk shouldn't have included these commands on the ribbon when you are in the Mechanical profile...I hope they read this...but whatever.

If you find having to switch between profiles annoying like I do, there is a registry fix to enable "Vanilla" commands in the Mechanical profile.

Try the following:

Click the Start menu -> Run

Type: regedit

Locate the following path:

(Note: Your path may be slightly different depending on your version of AutoCAD Mechanical)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Autodesk -> AutoCAD -> R18.2 -> ACAD-A005:409 -> Profiles -> <<ACADMMP>>

On the right you should see a key called "DisableAcadSection"

Double click on this key and change the value from 1 to 0

Click OK

The next time you start AutoCAD Mechanical, the "Vanilla" commands should work.

Hope this helps.

Vicki

Message 4 of 12
Patchy
in reply to: Vickimcl

Thanks Vicky for the solution.

This is for you Autodesk:

If you bought a car and it doen't run like it should, you take it back and have it repair right away, not waiting a few months.

Thousand dollars people spent and get this screwed up.

Ribbon or typing in command SECTIONPLANE does nothing, no Service Pack, no HOTFIX as of today.

Message 5 of 12
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Patchy

Yanno somewhere this all slipped past me including the responses. I have been running mine as straight AutoCAD for quite some time now, except when I need something Mechanical can do for me that nillacad can't...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 12
VIGIANG

Thanks for the great infomation. Big help!!

Message 7 of 12
wahyu_asus

thank for suggestion. its helpful..................

Message 8 of 12
MMforCMC

I am sorry, but I don't understand when you say to "Run". Am I picking run or typing it? When I type regedit it asks me if I will allow changes to Microsoft Windows. Not to sure? Sorry I am computer challenged.

Click the Start menu -> Run

Type: regedit

Locate the following path:

(Note: Your path may be slightly different depending on your version of AutoCAD Mechanical)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Autodesk -> AutoCAD -> R18.2 -> ACAD-A005:409 -> Profiles -> <<ACADMMP>>

On the right you should see a key called "DisableAcadSection"

Double click on this key and change the value from 1 to 0

Click OK

Message 9 of 12
Vickimcl

Hi Bob,

Click on the start menu and type "run" in the box that says...Search programs and files

Then type "regedit"

You will get a prompt that says...Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to the computer? Click "yes".

Hope that helps.

Vicki

Message 10 of 12
MMforCMC
in reply to: MMforCMC

Thank you so much. I am sure that you have saved me from hours of frustration.

Message 11 of 12
Vickimcl

Oops wrong person (not Bob), MMforCMC you are welcome.

Vicki

Message 12 of 12
Alex

Thanks a lot Vickimcl!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost