AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling loses data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lsaapedd
208 Views, 3 Replies

Scaling loses data

I have some drawings that are in decimal units. In order to switch to architectural units I have to scale up by 12.
Attached are two images of what is happening. After has been scaled by 12. I have no idea where the data has gone. Any ideas?

Using Mechanical 2005 SP1.1 from Inventor Series 9 on Win2k SP4.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lsaapedd
in reply to: lsaapedd

Additional info.

If I try to run the Express tool FLATTEN, it starts, then it gives me a "Invalid lineweight number." message and quits. Audit, however, finds no errors.

I am still hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Jerry
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Can you post the .dwg file or a part of it which can be used to reproduce the problem? -Nilanjan (Autodesk) "lsaapedd" wrote in message news:33084372.1101155625144.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Additional info. > > If I try to run the Express tool FLATTEN, it starts, then it gives me a "Invalid lineweight number." message and quits. Audit, however, finds no errors. > > I am still hoping someone can shed some light on this. > > Jerry
Message 4 of 4
lsaapedd

Subscription Support has checked the file and determined it was corrupt due to large coordinates. They also gave me the steps needed to recover it, which I'll need since I have 47 files and most, if not all, will exhibit this problem.

Thanks,
Jerry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost