AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaled viewports

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jguevin
211 Views, 4 Replies

Scaled viewports

We show multiple views of differing scales on each sheet/layout.
When I create a scaled viewport of an increased or decreased scale the "Perform Rescaling" box is checked by default. if I leave this box checked my object lines shrink or lengthen, depending on if I increase or decrease the scale. If I uncheck the box it works fine. Mechanical 6 didn't work this way. I've included an attachment showing this phenominom.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jguevin

Can you post the file before rescaling the object, i.e., before inserting the scale area. I assume you are using AutoCAD Mechanical 2005. -Nilanjan (Autodesk, Inc.) "jguevin" wrote in message news:24872987.1095857673943.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We show multiple views of differing scales on each sheet/layout. > When I create a scaled viewport of an increased or decreased scale the "Perform Rescaling" box is checked by default. if I leave this box checked my object lines shrink or lengthen, depending on if I increase or decrease the scale. If I uncheck the box it works fine. Mechanical 6 didn't work this way. I've included an attachment showing this phenominom.
Message 3 of 5
jguevin

Yes Mechanical 05.
I don't have the drawing before because i've finished it.
I attached the finished drawing.
John
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

John, I can't seem to reproduce this. It would help me, if you can send me a sample before you create the scale area. Let me know if you run into this again. -Nilanjan (Autodesk, Inc.) "jguevin" wrote in message news:14131844.1097075397472.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Yes Mechanical 05. > I don't have the drawing before because i've finished it. > I attached the finished drawing. > John
Message 5 of 5
jguevin

I'm attaching another drawing I'm having this problem with.
when I create a scaled viewport, change the scale to 1:4, leave the "perform rescaling" box checked, intersecting lines extend beyond their corners.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost