AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAVE BUTTON

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mark-w
240 Views, 6 Replies

SAVE BUTTON

Something trivial but annoying, when i started using 2005
my save button is dead! When you put the cursor over it, it says "no name" and does not issue the command when pressed. Any ideas?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
steedj
in reply to: mark-w

Right click your Save Button.
Select Customize at the bottom of the Toolbar context menu;
Now, left click the Save Button.
You should see The Customize dialog box.
Add the following inside the (specified boxes):
(Name:) Save
(Description:) Saves the current drawing: QSAVE
(Macro associated with this button:) ^C^C_qsave
Now select [Apply];
Then select [Close]

That should do it.

Regards,
Joey Steed
Message 3 of 7
mark-w

Thank you that worked. I am a transplant from Cadkey so I have yet to learn the finer points of AutoCAD.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Do you have Vault installed? Thanks, John Huber Autodesk Vault QA "mark-w" wrote in message news:26467544.1092944069753.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thank you that worked. I am a transplant from Cadkey so I have yet to learn the finer points of AutoCAD.
Message 5 of 7
mark-w

Yes it is installed, although not being used right now, I will need some help from our IT people to get it going.

Mark
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Ok, thanks. This is a known issue that we're working on. You may find that this re-occurs if the toolbar is recompiled. There are a few alternatives for dealing with this issue. 1. You can continue to use other methods to invoke the save (File Menu | Save, Ctrl + S, command line QSAVE). 2. Use MENU or MENULOAD to reload ACAD.MNU (ACAD), ACADM.MNU (ACM) or AMDTPP.MNU (MDT). 3. Use the 'Customize' option as described in the previous post from Joey. Sorry for the inconvenience! John "mark-w" wrote in message news:17324778.1092952147211.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Yes it is installed, although not being used right now, I will need some help from our IT people to get it going. > > Mark
Message 7 of 7
mark-w

John thanks for the information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost